Saturday 16 December 2023

MAGIC IN THE AIR

After asking readers to conduct homam in their homes, many responded well, including my 3-year-old granddaughter. Staying with us over the weekend, she asked to carry it out as many as three times a day. I accommodated her request. A reader and friend wrote in,

"Vanakam aiya, I was just about to WhatsApp you when I opened your blog and saw this post! https://agathiyarvanam.blogspot.com/2023/12/let-us-come-together-in-prayer_14.html?m=1. What a coincidence? Actually, Agathiar appa informed me in jeeva nadi reading to conduct homam at my home. I was "wondering" how to do it...can I do...etc... But finally, I decided to proceed and told myself that Agathiar Appa would guide me. I just bought the small homam kundam and homam things. I decided to use your "24 Minutes Sidha Puja" book as a tool. Then I saw this blog post! I shall play my small role too, aiya. Your blog post always has a message for me, aiya. I was so worried to perform homam, but now I'm ready."

She messaged me later "Did use your book only aiya. Thank you so much for your guidance" and sent me a couple of photos too.


We are told in the opening scene of the movie "Jungle Book" that "Many strange stories are told about the jungles of India, but none so strange as the story of a small boy named Mowgli." So too are many strange stories told of gurus and masters and the divine. If my mother used to feed us with many such stories of the divine having walked the earth in the past and making visitations to the homes of devotees, it has become a reality now as we see these happening in our midst. Coming as humans and establishing their teachings, these gurus continue in the subtle form, making brief appearances to some. As the gross body limits their mission, they tend to materialize as energy and vibration too, making known their presence to those capable of connecting. The teaching continues in a subtle form. The gross body that is identified with the guru remains an object of worship. His name continues to be chanted and spoken. I used to wonder how is it that we are awakened from our deep slumber by the call of our names. Similarly, the mere mention of the names of these gurus draws them to us, too. The unseen and unheard seem to be more real than this world, for our worldly perspective tends to vary with where we stand and the knowledge that we have gathered. If two people see and understand a single thing differently, how can that be real? This is why the world is said to be an illusion or Maya, I suppose. 

If I had come up with a detailed itinerary on my maiden trip to India in 2003 to carry out my parikarams or remedies for my past karma that was listed by Agathiyar in my very first Nadi reading, throwing in numerous other visits to all the temples on the route, not wanting to miss any, on my subsequent trip in 2005, I did nothing of that sorts. I went with the flow, the moment Tavayogi stopped me abruptly just as I began to mention on the phone that Agathiyar wanted me to go places in my Nadi reading. He volunteered to bring me to all those places without hearing me out. I followed Tavayogi trying to keep pace with him. That indeed was an adventure, not knowing where we were heading and what to expect. Agathiyar threw in many miracles along the way. I was completely emptied before embarking on the journey. I did not read about those places nor carried preconceived notions, or images of places, as Pandit Gopi Krishna writes "suggested by the pictures already present in my mind".  Hence, I could fully receive what I saw, felt, smelt, touched and heard, or was told. 

Similarly, when Agathiyar told me that the energies that had stagnated in me were released on that blessed couple of days in 2022, I was taken by surprise as I never knew nor felt a thing or had warning signs before the happening. Neither did I dwell in it, as Agathiyar assured me that all was well and that the energies would do their work and I need not do anything further. Knowing that as usual, Agathiyar gives the experiences first before coming forward to explain these situations, there was never a need for us to read up and store those readings and build up our imaginations and expectations only to become frustrated when nothing moves. 

In the face of adversity, some can lose their faith and hold on to the divine. They begin to blame God for not saving their close and loved ones. Is God obliged to keep us alive forever? Do we not see natural law unfold daily before our eyes? Men and women, children and the aged die daily. Trees and plants rot and die or are felled. Animals, reptiles, and insects too perish. So why does dead of a kin or friend affect us so much? It is because of the bond that is created over time. If gurus were born just like us and lived like us but at one point in time were claimed by the divine to do their work, it should come as no surprise that we too shall wither one day. It is just a matter of time before the final calling comes.

If Agathiyar comes these days whenever we desire to see him, at times he comes on their own accord to address us too. If generally we had managed to figure out who was present before us by their gait and posture, hand mudras, and their tone, at other times they tend to introduce themselves. When Yogi Ramsuratkumar came, he introduced himself as the beggar. He told me that my guru Supramania Swami was with him too, hence pointing out to me his presence too. When Agathiyar comes, he tells us that Ramalinga Adigal is with him too. He, at times, calls out for Tirumular and Bhogar too. And they appear. Agathiyar told us in a Nadi reading for a devotee that the Siddhas had gathered at AVM to sit in at the Homam we conducted in the presence of Tavayogi and Mataji during their visit in 2016. When my daughter was down with dengue fever and warded many years back, Agathiyar told Suren in his Nadi reading done in Chennai then that both he and Tirumular were at hand and made her platelets go up. When I arrived at Kallar Ashram for the very first time, Tavayogi during his morning walk the next day, told me that Agathiyar had come and inquired what he was going to give me. Agathiyar told me that the Siddhas though were one, took many forms for specific tasks. So it seems that the one does manifest in many forms to address us.