Friday 5 January 2024

A REMEDY FOR PRESENT TIMES

I received a message from Agathiyar just some moments ago. He came through a telephone call intercepting my conversation with a devotee on the other end. It reminded me of the many times Agathiyar would intercept my conversation with Jnana Jothiamma on Skype in the past and I would stay on the line that would suddenly go silent. When she returns she would tell me that Agathiyar spoke to her. As I was given a jolly surprise, he noted it and quipped, asking me if he should not use modern-day gadgets too like us, and gave off a loud laugh feeling amused himself I guess. He added that he too knows how to use modern gadgets. Speaking to another devotee, Siddha practitioner, and head of a following, later, Ariva Aiya said that he was not surprised knowing that the Siddhas, besides knowing the past and present, could even access the future and seen these gadgets and technologies invented and in use beforehand. I had read somewhere many years back that the Rishis invented and tested them even before men discovered these gadgets. Man then tapped into their realm.

Coming back to our conversation, Agathiyar warned us of the worrying trend of the Covid-19 virus and Influenza that is making its rounds now. Ariva Aiya too shared that many have turned up to him seeking relief. He was dispensing some herbal preparations too, its formula given by Agathiyar at the start of the pandemic. He told me that he shall add this to his list too.

Agathiyar has given us a list of 7 items to be purchased and brought to a boil. The final ingredient the 8th, is to be placed in the bowl before inhaling the steam. It shall bring relief and clear the lungs. Agathiyar asked that I share the formula with the readers of this blog. 

  • Manjal or Haldi (Turmeric)
  • Thulasi or Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum, commonly known as Holy Basil)
  • Karpooravalli or Karpuravalli, Omavalli, Doddapatre, or Panikoorka (Indian Borage) 
  • Neem (Azadirachta indica, commonly known as Margosa or Indian lilac) 
  • Tippili or Thippili (Long pepper)
  • Black pepper (Piper nigrum) 
  • Sukku (Dried Ginger) 
all brought to a boil and placed in a bowl. The final ingredient 
  • Paccai karpooram (Edible Camphor) is then placed in the bowl and the steam is inhaled.