Tuesday 9 January 2024

LEARNING THE HARD WAY

If in wanting to share the sights and the sounds, and my experiences in traveling to India, I started several websites, that are now defunct, these days Agathiyar wants me to share the experiences arising from an internal transformation that is taking place rather subtly. To assure me that it was all true and real, he came and stroked my hair recently telling me that the internal changes were pretty obvious now and showing on the outside referring to the white hair turning black again. Since 2019 he had stopped my visits to the barber and in 2021, stopped me from falling at the feet of others including holy men too telling me not to allow anyone to touch my head. I understand now his reason for doing so as he does not want anyone to disturb the energies swirling in the crown of the head. 

It is said that once a devotee came before Yogi Ramsuratkumar bowing to him and expecting the Yogi to touch his head and bless him. The Yogi did not bless him. Later his aids asked him the reason. The Yogi told them that since he already had had the blessings of another saint in Kerala, before coming over, the Yogi did not want to "disturb" the energies. I too did not receive the blessings of Thavatiru Rengaraja Desigar when I met him at Ongkaara kudil in 2003, just days before I was to meet my first guru in a rather mysterious way at Tiruvannamalai. I was told to go over to Ongarakudil since I will be in India carrying out my remedies by his devotees at a local affiliate of his Sangam here. I included the visit in my itinerary. He told me stepping into his kudil itself was a blessing. But I understood it differently at that time and felt unwelcomed, offended, and pretty much disturbed and asked myself if I was not fit to come before him.  But the real reason I have come to believe is that I was destined to journey with Supramania Swami and later Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal in this life. Agathiyar coming in a Nadi reading in 2008, told me that I should have known more about him before stepping before him. Explaining who he was in my Nadi Agathiyar asked me to go see him again. I did not go again for my search had stopped the moment I held on to Agathiyar, Tavayogi, and Supramania Swami. 

Today I realize there is a reason for all things to take place and happen right from missing the bus as we see in the movie 12B to venturing in partnership with others in business and even in matrimony. There is a reason that certain souls come together as family and friends and even business partners and colleagues. A couple of friends and devotees had to go through bitter experiences, the former ending his partnership with another and the latter leaving his job working with another. A relative too had to move on starting on her own after a breakup with her business partner. Sharing with me their stories, we learned a lesson in a much-overlooked matter of taking for granted that all devotees are good people, especially when it comes to business and work. I guess I understand now what Tavayogi meant when he said "Give according to the plate". Initially, I thought that it literally meant the bigger the plate the more the alms we need to give. Later I learned that it was regarding the sharing of knowledge or dispersing of wisdom. Do not share both further, the moment you sense a sign of disinterest in the other. After the recent experiences of my buddies in devotion, we learned not to show compassion, or give a helping hand, to any Tom, Dick, and Harry, and rope them in as partners, or enter an engagement or work with them even if they are devotees and pious. Just as money and greed change one, the other tends to live off our effort and earnings. But as devotees who frequent AVM, these three and many others have begun to show maturity and understanding. They see all happenings positively and move on knowing that with every turn in life, there is a lesson waiting to be learned from another experience. As Neale Donald Walsch says we all agreed to come together for these experiences, right?