Friday 26 January 2024

DON'T FORGET TO BREATH

Children are still connected with their homes, the source. They are divine in nature. The Buddha nature in them is very obvious. Agathiyar told us that they are connected with their breath and hence the reason they are considered Vaalai. It amazes me to recall how my granddaughter who is 7 now, had given me a lesson in purpose when she was much younger. During our play, she uttered that I do what I came for while she did what she had to do. This advice I came to know only recently was given by both Ramana Bhagawan and Yogi Ramsuratkumar too. How did this kid who knows not both these saints utter the same? What we adults need to do is to travel back to being a child. This lesson was taught by another granddaughter of mine. As she was 16 years of age but used to behave like her younger sister, her mother apprehended her. The teen replied, "Mother my sister cannot possibly come to my level, but I can surely go down to her level and play." The mother was stunned. She was also the one who tricked me into talking with her after I told her I wasn't going to, seeing her naughtiness. Knowing my weakness for Agathiyar, she, many years back as a kid told me that Agathiyar was in her house. Immediately I came out of my momentary silence and followed her. She took me to the room under the stairs and showed me the store, laughing loudly at having tricked me. When I asked why my grandchildren called me to play with them, they replied that it was because I went down to their level and played with them. I become their age going literally to the ground and becoming them be it at home or in public. 

This is how Agathiyar has come down for us too. Besides being a day of bringing the kids together Agathiyar took the opportunity to educate us the adults too. Agathiyar in coming to us tells couples to stick together and journey together. He in asking all those gathered why we came to the path, told us that the ideal was not about raising one's Kundalini but to know the breath. He reminded us numerous times that coming to the path was not to raise the Kundalini solely but to attain oneness with the breath that he initially defined as Uyir or life breath in a memo to us in 2020 and later as Vaalai recently and last evening revealed as Sivam itself, something that Tavayogi had told me in one of our walks together back then. Bhogar had us chant "Adhi Sivam, Jothi Sivam, Moola Sivam" when he came around some time back. 

Agathiyar is bent on getting everyone who comes over seeking him to go into meditation and not remain forever in rituals just as Tavayogi inspired us to move out of the devotion into Gnanam. To enable one to go into meditation he has to settle in his breath first. But before that, he has to become aware of his breath. Hence one has to take up Pranayama. Agathiyar is pushing the devotees who did not seriously take it up telling them that they wasted some 2 1/2 years of valuable time. 

While many can come up with numerous rosy and visually impressive definitions for meditation or Dhyanam, Agathiyar defines it in very simple terms telling us that following one's breath is Dhyanam. The breath would one day travel its way and we are told to tag along and immerse in it. That is Dhyanam.

நீயாய் சுவாசித்த பிராணவாயு இனி உன்னை கேட்காமல் உன்னுள் ஊடுருவும். எப்பொழுதெல்லாம்  அது ஊடுருவதை நீ உணறுகிறாயோ இருக்கும் இடம் அறிந்து அதனுள் பயணம் செய். கலந்து போ. அதனோடு நீ கலக்கும் தருணமே தியானம்.

Ramalinga Adigal came some time back to help us enhance the Jothi in us by asking us to travel with the breath. "Let the Jothi burn brightly within you. Put in the effort. To those who are aware, I shall come within." That is the only thing that they expect from us. It will bring us to merge in the Jothi.

உமது பிரணவத்தை கொண்டு செல்லு. முயற்சி செய். ஜோதி அதனைச் சுடர்விட செய்யுங்கள். ஜோதியோடு கலப்பாய். உன்னுள் ஜோதி எரியும்வரை நான் உன்னோடு வருவேன். ஆழ்ந்து இருப்போருடன் நான் சேர்ந்து இருக்கிறேன்.

Tavayogi wrote in his "Andamum Pindamum" that in the beginning, there was a light that enveloped all. That was Jothi. That was Sivan. From the passive Sivan came forth the dynamic Sivam. Sivam breathed life or Uyir into all his creation. 

ஆதியிலே வெட்டவெளியிலே தோன்றிய பிரகாசமே ஜோதி. எங்கும் வியாபித்து இருக்கக்கூடிய ஜோதியே சிவன். அந்த சிவன் என்ற ஜோதியிலே இருந்து சிவம் என்கிற ஆற்றல் உண்டானது.