Thursday 4 April 2024

A DEVOTEE'S JOURNEY

A devotee very close to Agathiyar wrote in about her journey.

Journey with Agathiyar Appa.

I came to know about Agathiyar Appa in 2017 through my husband Mahindran after our wedding. I actually never heard or knew anything about  HIM. All I knew was that my husband kept talking about Agathiyar and told his stories. He used to go to Shanmugan Anna's house frequently and was involved in Pooja. Then, he will go to the ground and carry out activities such as charities, and distributing food and groceries to needy people. I used to follow him a few times. Later on, I also joined him for Pooja which was held in Anna's house, and started to learn devotional songs and recite the Potri.  

Before marriage, I was an Amman devotee and prayed to Amman as all used to do so. In the beginning, there were a lot of questions running in my head and sometimes I couldn't accept the changes surrounding me but whatever happened, it gave positive vibes in my life.  A few things happened to me that changed my perspective about Agathiyar Appa and I started to love HIM. 

During my 1st pregnancy, I could feel Appa's presence there who came and eased my delivery process smoothly without any complications. During my 2nd pregnancy, I was with severe joint pain and nerve problems. I would talk to Appa and ask for HIS help. He would come immediately to give me remedies and massage me through Mahindran. Then I came to know that Bhogar Siddha came. At that moment I asked myself who I was?  Why are they all coming and helping me since I never did anything for them. 

I started to follow all of Appa's advice, whose main concern was to take care of our own health by doing breathing exercises and yoga. I can feel changes that HE created within me, where I feel so calm, am patient in making decisions, have reduced my anger, and most importantly start to care about my mental and physical health. Being an Agathiyar devotee, I can feel the confidence that Appa is there for me and he will take care of everything and I just need to put my efforts and move forward. What I can say is HE keeps doing miracles and giving unconditional love and blessings to me and my family. 

Recently I  complained to Appa, the road which leads to my school had many holes and my car would be damaged if I passed by this road every day. Within 2 days, the road was repaired by the maintenance people. I feel shocked and just can only say "Thank you APPA". 

The second incident was that I felt exhausted with my school timetable where I needed to rush to classes without any break. After a while, I received a new timetable with a new schedule which is more flexible and comfortable to me. I feel so happy when APPA keeps doing good things and has been there for me. But I question myself, what  I'm going to do for HIM?