Thursday 4 April 2024

SEEING THROUGH MAYA

When Agathiyar and later Lord Muruga told me that they and I were one, what did they mean? Did they mean to say that I was Agathiyar or Lord Muruga? Should I be worshipped like them then? Was I a manifestation or an Avatar of them? Do I have their powers? Could I perform the Siddhis they did? Can I carry out the 5 works of creation, sustenance, destroying, veiling, and giving grace? 

It is none of the above. Just as when I was on cloud 9 and if the 24-year-old youth Sivabalan had not brought me down to the ground telling me that I was not special in the eyes of Agathiyar who had asked me to build a temple for him, as 50 others had been approached before me in their Nadi readings, the ego in me would have lifted me further to cloud 11 and have me believe I was an Avatar or a rebirth of Agathiyar or Lord Murugan. On the contrary what they meant was that both our souls were one, just like every other soul created. The soul that resides in the gross physical body of man and creatures called Jeevan or Jivan is a part of the bigger that is the Param. Hence if the larger was ParamAtma, the rest including us are JivAtma or JeevAtma. I was made to realize that we were one soul that had parted from the source that had been the cause of all that was manifested and took on the creation of each individual, standing by them till their ego took over of their lives. 

I am glad that Agathiyar in lecturing me on anger management back then had also tutored me on Maya and its extent of veiling us from seeing the truth recently. Just as the clouding in my eyes went away after I replaced my eye lens, Agathiyar gave me this immense treasure that is the experience of traveling with Maya taking me for a ride and eventually coming to expose its act. I was saved from falling into its clutches.