Monday 22 April 2024

TIME TEACHES 1

When Suren who returned from India, passed me a couple of audio Cd's that he had received from Dr.V.N.Jayapalan in Bangalore, I listened to his songs on Agathiyar and the narration of the origin of Agathiyar's temple at Agasthiyampalli. When we heard that the visiting Siddha physician was in town we went over to meet him. I was pretty eager and excited to know more about Agasthiyampalli as it was here that Agathiyar opened his left eye in his granite statue to see us when I traveled with Tavayogi to the Siddha abodes in town and in the jungles in 2005. But the Dr. disappointed me telling me that there wasn't anything else to say. It told me that it was all in the Cd. He went on to speak about many other things that were of no interest to me then. But today I appreciate and understand his stand pretty well. Time and experience have taught me a lesson. As he did not elaborate further he did not alter the facts. What was conveyed to him through his meditation came to us As It Is. 

In the days of my Nadi reading the reader would write out the revelations taking a transcript of what Agathiyar spoke telling me that it was Agathiyar's directive, and only then begin to explain and elaborate further. But as the Nadi picked up and he had long queues of people waiting to read, he skipped writing it for me and went on to read and translate immediately. Coming back home I would listen and extract only the words of Agathiyar and continued writing it out. I was only interested in knowing the exact words that Agathiyar spoke and not the explanations. Recently in exposing Maya in all fields, Agathiyar pointed out that the tools and mediums could fabricate, and instill fear and anguish in listeners not with intent but in their excitement to explain the contents in the Nadi.

In 2017, when Suren and I sought to know the origin of Agathiyar as they say from the horse's mouth after being disillusioned with reading, hearing, and watching from numerous sources, Agathiyar though he hesitated for a moment in the Nadi, asking us why we wanted to explore the source, Aadhi and Antham, obliged us by giving us a little insight into his birth.  But on the onset he instructed in the Nadi that the reader should read it As It Is and not attempt to give an explanation or elaborate further. 

Agathiyar told me and others some time back to read the original texts of the songs of the saints and not to go for the translation, commentary, and explanations given. He told us that the author be it a Siddha or Nayanmar or other saints shall come within to clarify what they had experienced As It Is. As the mediums are bound to taint the sacredness of the sacred texts and words of saint, Siddhas, Rishis, and Mahaans, with their explanations and commentaries, Agathiyar has us refrain from reading them to avoid confusion. Only the saint knows what he meant to speak or write. Besides the fact that we could err in our understanding of the subject, we could end up giving limbs and forms, tags, and names to these in wanting to simplify them for the masses.