Saturday 13 April 2024

I WONDER WHY

No one wants my money. It is true. When I befriended a friend at my office who frequented an astrologer, I too began to consult him. He never spoke about payment. As he was a Siddha physician too, when he passed me the Siddha medicines, he never asked for payment. After the demise of the astrologer and Siddha physician whom I came to consult since 1996, when I saw another Siddha physician he too never spoke about payment till this day. When I read the Nadi for the very first time in 2002, Agathiyar stipulated that I pass over an amount as Naadikku Dhanam or a token of appreciation to the Siddhas for documenting and revealing about my(story) in the Nadi. That was the only moment an amount was mention that I pass on to the reader. Later when I read the Nadi some 56 times till 2019 and again recently, the Nadi reader never spoke about payment. I wonder why? Although all these souls never charged me for consultations and medicine, I always left a token behind before leaving. All things fell into place in my life too without me seeking, be it my studies, my career, my marriage, my home, the path and my gurus. I wonder why? 

So how do I repay for God's kindness? I guess by speaking his greatness. Would that suffice? Many in adoration for him declare their lives in surrender. But the irony is that the very life we are living is not ours to part with. It is his gift. So, what is ours that we can give him in return for his kindness? Dropping the notion that we are separate. Dropping this state of Maya. In identifying with him, the part becomes the whole or complete or Paripuranam. This is what Agathiyar meant when he replied asking if we were not one, when he asked that I drop my attachment to him too.