Friday 26 December 2014

LETS START THEM YOUNG

Sri Raghavan posted the following beautiful verse on Yagna on fb 

When uncontrolled, it's a destroyer of worlds,
The ancients knew how to manipulate space,
Using Fire as their soul's most sacred face,
Adding into it various herbs and sacred materials, 
They managed to create a powerful magnetic field,
Keeping away subtle influences from affecting their psyche,
Igniting a fire creates a powerful shift in the atmosphere,
That is why, we light earthen lamps in the household,
Inviting the subtle forces of nature into your presence,
Creating an influx of energies, capable of aiding life,
There is much mystery in the flames of fire,
One that has failed to see the light of modern day,
Revive these ancient mysteries of igniting fire,
And you'll see a magical world, unfold right in front of your eyes.

We had some lovely children come over with their parents to join us in prayer at Agathiyar Vanam yesterday. This was their third time around. These were amazing children. Pass them any material and they could read/sing it. They sang their hearts out during the puja. The puja was streamed live at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/siddha-heartbeat.

I remember when my family and I were at Kallar ashram in October of 2013, Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal after initiating the puja gave way to us to continue singing the hymns to the Siddhas. He did the same the next day too. It was indeed an honor for us to sing at the Sri Agathiyar Sri Tava Murugar Gnana Peedham Thirukovil at Kallar.

I am happy for my two daughters and these children too for they have started out early. I came to the Siddha Margam late when I was 43 years of age. When I asked Tavayogi in 2005 why I did not 'discover' this margam earlier, he answered, "Be grateful son, at least you had the opportunity, at this age."

When I asked Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar to bless me when I was in Ongarakudil in 2003, he replied, "Coming here (Ongarakudil) itself was a blessing."

Many have come to Agathiyar Vanam only to move on with their lives. Only a handful devotees picked up the teachings of the Siddhas and continue the prayers in their own homes. To these few devotees  Agathiyar and the Siddhas keep showering their blessings as seen in the following videos.



Agathiyar looking his best. Photos courtesy of Suren Selvaratnam