Saturday 9 October 2021

ATMA DARISANAM

We have all had the Darshan of the Atma. It is not the privilege nor domain of the saints, gurus, and masters alone. The child lives in this sphere and space till a certain age. That is why the elders regard the children as divine. Goddess Ma and Agathiyar told us to enjoy all the mischief that our grandchildren do: அவர்கள் செய்யும் குறும்புத்தனத்தை ரசிக்க கற்று கொள்ளுங்கள்.

The Atma was with us till a certain age and time when we began to take in the world around us and began to decide for ourselves. It goes into hiding or rather veils itself, remaining as the silent witness or மணசாட்சி. Occasionally it comes to the forefront to abstain us from making wrong moves and saving the day. We experience Uyir Anubhavam whenever we bring our awareness to the breath. Otherwise, it too veils itself and goes on 24/7 unconsciously. Connecting with Erai, when there is the spontaneous flow of thoughts on Erai that would be Arul Anubhavam. In those moments of an encounter with the divine grace, when we lose our identity, when the "I", is lost, that is Atma Anubhavam said to be the culmination of Dhyanam. We are brought back to the state of the Atma at beginning of the journey of life as a form in the womb. 

My wife and I were always fond of children. My neighbors' kids together with my kids and the kids we babysat would wait for me to return from work to bring them out into the open. My daughters took on the fondness for children too. We used to read to our children back then. My elder daughter memorized the story "Little Chick Chick" we read to her and began to narrate it while staring at the ceiling. This particular book and many others have been brought down to our grandchildren.


Similarly, we used to sing bedtime songs to our children and grandchildren. As I was a fan of oldies, I used to dish out a particular song every time to my elder daughter then. She would listen and follow. Now I think I had tortured her singing that song. It was the song about we being a puppet in the hands of fate. This song has been remade. 

My wife used to sing the song of a flower girl. 

When they grew up they had their own blog and YouTube channels to share their interest, thoughts, and opinions. This is how the interest was nurtured in them. 

https://myindianheartbeat.blogspot.com/ 

http://berrysweetprincess.blogspot.com/

http://journalofafox.blogspot.com/

Similarly, at AVM I encouraged many to write. Some have contributed to this blog. 

The show must go on. Agathiyar told me recently in reply to my wish to wind up my act and go into oblivion, that I have to be around until he appoints another to take up the work. I guess this is what Tavayogi meant when he expressed his happiness and contentment that many in AVM had taken up the path after seeing the discipline and dedication and sincerity of AVM family members in conducting themselves and the worship of the Siddhas.