Monday 18 October 2021

SIDDHA HEARBEAT

This blog started as an individual's journey in seeking and knowing about the Siddhas. Soon it became an avenue to showcase the workings of the Siddhas. Many experiences of fellow seekers too was shared and carried. 

Astrologer and Siddha practitioner Dr. Krishnan was the very first person to speak to me about the Siddhas and their Nadi after I asked if his predictions could go wrong. This was in 1996. He replied yes and opened up about the Nadi. The Atma in him prompted me to see it by speaking about it. 

But I guess the Atma in me was not ready to reveal itself to me as I had much unfinished business with my karma. I had to honor the deal I had with Lord Brahma and his able accountant Chitragupta, who kept a count on my karma. The "I" in me too I suppose was in charge then. I did not pursue on seeing the Nadi. The Atma watched silently as I lived out my karma.

In 2001, the Atma came through the Vasudeva mantra that was mysteriously passed to me by my nephew from his lineage of gurus. Now the Atma was ready to reveal my past story. 

After getting a clear message through Agathiyar's memo recently, looking back I can say that the Atma brought me to the Nadi from whence this wonderful journey began. 

When the "I" was set to be dropped and the Atma take reign only then was I brought to read the Nadi. I was captivated and intrigued this time around and asked to read the Nadi in 2002 when the subject was brought up by my colleague. Reading the Nadi I understood why people went through sufferings, that I had stood witness to during my bachelor days but could not comprehend then. Seeing my suffering in wanting to know the answers Lord Shiva in 1988 decided to save me from the agony. He came in a dream to ask me to hold back all the questions I had for another day when all shall be revealed. That day was to be the day I read my Nadi. The revelation of the mysteries of life came through the Nadi. My questions were answered. 

I came to know that I too carried past karma. Agathiyar showed me the way to find relief from it. I took up doing the remedies given by him both locally and in India. Once this backlog of karma was cleared and I had paid the debt, it was time the Atma introduced me to my first guru. Supramania Swami told me we had a past bond that had to be revisited. I became his sole disciple upon meeting him the first time after having completed my rounds of doing parikaram on the last lap of my pilgrimage in Tiruvannamalai. We kept in touch through snail mail, STD calls, and later the cell phone.

Meanwhile, the Atma through Agathiyar sent Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal to our shores in 2005 to spread the worship and teachings of the Siddhas. As I was called to come to their worship, I made my way to see him. He verified the name that was on a leaflet the Nadi reader had passed me after my first Nadi reading in 2002. The leaflet carried a message from Thai Veedu Thangarasan M.A. on his intent to build a temple for Agathiyar at Kallar. He verified that it was his. I told him I was called to come to the path. He showed me the local affiliate of his and asked me to frequent it. He initiated me and my wife the same day we met. I frequented the Peedham as told. Just before he flew back to India the Atma arranged for me to see the Nadi again, after some three years, through Tavayogi's recommendation of a Nadi reader here. Agathiyar asked that I get initiated from Tavayogi again. I saw him immediately carrying Agathiyar's message. Agathiyar had asked me to visit his ashram in India. I flew the following month and stayed at his ashram. The night of my arrival at his ashram Agathiyar had appeared to him asking what Tavayogi was giving me. He brought me to the places Agathiyar mentioned in my second Nadi reading and went further in bringing me into the jungles and the caves that were the abodes of the Siddhas.  Just before we parted Tavayogi gave me another initiation. 

As we were parted by the immense Indian ocean, it was akin to distance learning initially through snail mail, then the phone, and followed by emails, and finally, video calls over the period of my discipleship with him. He made more visits to Malaysia in 2007, 2008, 2010, and finally 2016 before his demise the following year.

When the Atma knew that I was ripe to drop the "I" it called for my Nadi reading. I knew then that there was a superpower above us that dictated everything in our lives. I surrendered to the written word of the Siddhas that was carried in the Nadi and conducted myself henceforth according to its dictates. Both Supramania Swami and Tavayogi were identified by the Atma to teach me to drop my "I" further. I surrended to their spoken word and adopted to their ways. After both my gurus went into samadhi, in 2006 and 2017 respectively, Agathiyar came to speak to us through his devotees. From appearing as words in the Nadi, appearing as the guru in physical form, appearing in his Murthi or statue at AVM, he stood before us in these devotees either speaking to us or healing us. Finally, he came as the Prapanjam keeping us company. He said that he was in the Prapanjam and that the Prapanjam was in him. He told us that the Prapanjam shall aid us. The Prapanjam that is all of creation shall come to our aid when we call out to it and reach out to it. Ramalinga Adigal came to connect us with the Prapanjam going beyond form and substance, names and labels. Agathiyar has instilled in us that all was Atma. When the veil that is the "I" is dropped what remains is the Atma that was, is, and shall continue to be. The Atma is the Being within us. 

This Atma is simply a vibration. The intensity of this vibration varies from person to person. Man or Manithan in working towards dropping his "I" moves to become Punithan, and progressively makes his way up to higher states of being. In doing so his Atma's state of vibration intensifies. It is said that the whole village could sense the arrival of Gautama Buddha. Such was the intensity of his Atma. When the Siddhas came down to be present with us during our Homa only Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyar sensed this intense vibration akin to the ground shaking under her seat. Agathiyar confirmed this two days later in Tavayogi's Jeeva Nadi reading for a devotee. When a devotee asked Agathiyar what his true form was he told her it was the vibration that they felt in chanting his name, vibration that they felt during puja and while doing charity. Everything around us is in a state of vibration though it is not obvious to our naked eyes and we have yet to sense it. Life itself is a dance.

The sun and the planets sustain us. The many layers of the atmosphere keep us safe. The wind that blows and the air around us keep us chilled and alive. The rains and rivers that bring us water keep us alive too. All these help sustain life on this planet. The Atma that was in our forefathers and ancestors lends a hand to their descendants. The Atma that was our Gurus lends a hand to their disciples in their lineage. Everything in nature is serving others or another. Only man is selfish. He lives for himself. 

After calling us to his path in December of 2002 through a Nadi reading, Agathiyar came in the Nadi some fifty-plus times to guide us on the path besides sending over Tavayogi to our shores to teach us the Siddha path. Bringing us into doing rituals, charity, and yoga, Agathiyar told us to call it a day in September of 2019. AVM winded up. Many could not accept the fate of AVM. But I believe that the two years in conducting puja in their own homes, practicing yoga on their own, and sitting in solitude have made them realize that there was a reason for Agathiyar to do so. They had to engage personally with God without other mediums, without the need for centers, without the need to comply with rules and regulations. Man who was always busy and had used that reason once too often was forced to drop everything he loved doing as a result of the pandemic, and made to spend some quality time with God the past two years. Did we do it? 

I held the thought that I had wasted the time as I saw no visible progress in my spiritual endeavor. But Agathiyar came to say that it was not wasted. I needed Mahin to enlighten me on what Agathiyar had meant. I saw climbing the spiritual ladder as adding on more accomplishments to our present state just as we had planned more charitable programs and flipped through the almanac or panjangam for more reasons to carry out puja. But Mahin made me realize that actual spiritual advancement is not in adding on more prestigious events and taking on more merits but in actuality it is all about dropping them. As we shed everything progressively we become both lightened and enlightened at the same time. I understand now why Agathiyar even stopped the rituals and charity for that would continue to bring on more merits that have to be repaid in another birth. He was asking us to drop all those things that would be the reason for us to take further birth. He had lightened us. He broke our attachment to the group by breaking it, he broke our attachment to the venue by clamping it down, he broke our attachment to our services to others and he broke our attachments to our daily routines. The two years in a way was a reset. He had enlightened us.

A devotee messaged me after reading the last post this morning. 

This is the ultimate truth. To surrender but in reality its most difficult things for some of us to do.....  always try to become the lead ...the"I" in us try to conquer all and fail miserably....

Amazing writing aiya! When u dissolved the group, i was one of them who was very sad. But moving forward i realised it was indeed a time period for me to learn and perform pooja on my own. Im not perfect but my hold on Agathiar appa will never goes off & with you blog aiya, i feel every doubt is cleared and im on the correct path.

Agathiyar brought us to the next phase. He had us go within. The pandemic that came close on the heels of the closure of AVM, held us captive in our homes. But surprisingly after two years, and as the country came out of the lockdown, Agathiyar has asked to see his devotees at AVM again recently. He had asked that we gather to celebrate his annual vizha on Thaipusam day that falls on Monday, January 17, 2022. Is this a sign of good times ahead and an end to the pandemic? Or have we to carry on with his fest accepting this as an endemic and live with it just as we live with Leprosy, TB, Malaria, Dengue, and other contagious diseases? 

Initially, I thought Agathiyar meant meditation in when he asked us to go within. It was a struggle for me. Soon it dawned on me that he wanted us to learn about the things that were closest to us, next to our skin, the Udal, Uyir, and Atma first. I guess with this understanding meditation might come easy.

In continuing his teachings, he switched to coming through devotees bringing a stop to Nadi readings. Furthermore he took to the blog to dispense his teachings further. In fact, these blog posts have become my strength too and booster shots just like taking daily supplements or steroids. I go back to reading it again and again and get more insights and understanding. It is keeping me company too these days.

I decided to share my Nadi readings earlier and these conversations with the Siddhas now because in my days of searching no one was willing to share their experiences. All the Satsangs revolved around speaking of the powers and might of other gurus, sharing what the fellow seekers and devotees had read and heard, their thoughts, opinions, views etc that frequently ends in arguements. No one could tell me what they went through walking the path. There was no one who could share experiences like what Pandit Gopi Krishna had revealed in his books. Neither could they tell me what to expect while walking the path. It was merely a repetition of puja to the Siddhas and talks about their greatness. I believed these talks were good for one who did not know of the existence of the Siddhas or had no prior knowledge about the Siddhas. You only need to propagate belief and faith to those who pass by the temple without entering it. For those already in the temple there is no necessity to promote the path. But when you churn the same thing year in and out, doing the same things repetitively, I saw no development, evolvement, advancement, change, nor progress. So when Tavayogi took the stage and repeated his talks at all the functions he attended, I asked him why he did not have us move on to new frontiers? He asked me "Are you doing what was told?" implying that he can only bring seekers and devotees to the next phase if they had complied and carried out all that was shown, taught, and given earlier. I understood that he was catering for the curious ones and those sitting on the fence then. Those who seek to know further need to be seen individually. The path is then customized based on his life.  

Giving us instructions Agathiyar and the Siddhas constantly came to monitor us watching if we are doing what was told. If we flaw they corrected us. These days Agathiyar after giving us practices, walks through with us on what was taking place in us as a result of these practices. As we are beginning to see the benefits of our efforts, I thought that I should share them too. I believe this sharing shall benefit those seekers like me keen to learn and know and most importantly put it into practice. Reading this sharing, I believe will boost the belief and faith of readers on the Siddhas on their ability to make us a Siddha too. Going through these conversations makes us realize that they have covered what is written in the numerous Siddha texts. They had brought their teachings to us in a simple form that we could understand, not before they had us carry out the remedies for our past karma, atone for our past sins, do charity, carry out rituals, and practice yoga. 

I feel the message has to reach out to those keen like me and follow the directives of Agathiyar but are vague about the path. We are beginning to see the experiences that the Siddhas had spoken about and written about take place in us. I pray that readers too shall gain insights and experiences by the grace of the Siddhas. This sharing might shed some light I believe. I feel it was meant to be shared to enlighten others who might be going through a similar process. No amount of reading the text can substitute experience. Another reason I share them is for fear that these are lost, erased, or go missing again as, by his grace, I had managed to retrieve these revelations that were accidentally erased from my laptop earlier. Finally, it would rather be selfish of me to keep all these divine guidance that I treasure to myself.