Wednesday 6 October 2021

THE CALLING 1 - CLEARING THE HOUSE

If we thought that the Atma appears when we go within into meditation Agathiyar in a recent revelation says the Atma that accompanies us from 1 to 5 Varahai is secretly veiled from us only to return later depending on our actions. 

பிறந்த குழந்தைகள் 1  முதல் 5 வராகை வரையிலும் உடன் இருந்து மறையும் ஆன்மா  ஒருவரின் செயலைப் பொறுத்தே மீண்டும் அவனை வந்து சேரும். 

The Atma then pulls us to a path. If we become aware of the Atma that comes as vibration within and prolong it, the vibration that is this Atma shall travel the way reaching Erai and Agathiyan.

ஆன்மா உன்னோடு இருந்து உன்னை ஒரு பாதைக்கு இழுத்து செல்லும் அப்போது நீ அதனை உணர்ந்தாள், உன்னில் அதிர்வாய் தோன்றி மறையும். அந்த அதிர்வினை நீ உனக்குள் நீடிக்கப் பழகினால் உன்னால் ஆன்மா என்னும் உனது அதிர்வுகளில் ஊடுருவி என்னுள் (இறை / அகத்தியன்) வந்து சேர ஒரு வழி. 

Before I had the calling to read the Nadi Agathiyar had secretly sent my nephew to pass me the Vasudeva mantra that he was instructed to convey to me by his lineage of gurus. Here we see the wonderful network and cooperation between the gurus. As I had been told by Lord Shiva in a dream to shelf my questions, for the time being, after he realized that I was more confused than enlightened by much reading and putting into practice the teachings and practices from the numerous books, I stopped all forms of worship, further reading, and Satsang or discussion for some 14 years. So to bring me back on track, the Atma worked through this network of gurus to deliver the message to me. I had the calling that day, 6 October 2001. My nephew came over to my home to pass me the said mantra. He asked me to sit opposite him at my altar and reminded me not to reveal or share what was to take place nor question the source. Sitting in the Padmasana pose, he closed his eyes. Suddenly his body shook. He asked that I repeat a mantra. He said it thrice as I repeated after him. When he came out of that trance-like state, he asked that I get a rosary and chant the mantra daily. This was my very first encounter with the Atma that came back to redeem me after umpteen years. The Atma also prepared me to meet my guru in physical form by having my nephew pass me a painting of Lord Dhakshanamurthy to be kept at my altar and worshiped. He told me I shall meet my guru in a year's time. I had already left behind all forms of devotion and piety then. But surprisingly when he guided me that day, I consented and was determined to carry out his dictates. Unquestioningly, I followed everything he said. I cannot imagine where I would be if I had ignored the calling that day. After a couple of years, on 24 December 2005, my nephew revealed the source of the mantra. I could then reveal and share the whole episode. The mantra he gave me was Aum Namo Bhagavathey Vasu Devaaya Nama. He said it was from Agathiyar. 

This mantra is mentioned in an extract from the English translation of the book "Kriya Yoga Vijnan - The Science of Kriya Yoga", the original by Saint Lahari Mahasaya. 
Lahari Mahasaya has named this sadhana omkar kriya. This is essentially a pranayama and the basis is the Vasudeva mantra. The sastras have propounded that the Vasudeva mantra is an omniscient mantra. When a sadhaka starts comprehending his awareness as one with the mantra then he becomes omniscient himself. Then his attainment shall be - "I am this omniscient Vasudeva. In the Gita it is stated in the very last of all births, the man of wisdom worships me, realizing that all is Vasudeva. Rare indeed is the soul. Then do namaskar to theself."
In a book on Saint Dhruva, it is mentioned that this mantra was given to Dhruva by Saint Naradar who initiated Dhruva into the mysteries of yoga and meditation leading to samadhi. 
Naradar taught Dhruva the practice of pranayama by inhaling, exhaling, and holding the breath. He taught Dhruva to overcome thought fluctuations with the help of breath control. Naradar also taught Dhruva to meditate on Vishnu in the sanctuary of his heart repeating the Lord’s name mentally and offer prayers and worship. He advised Dhruva to go to Madhuvana for tapas because it was a sacred place where vibrations prevailed, which would help him in his sadhana and Samadhi.
In "The Hidden Mysteries of Kundalini" written by R. Venu Gopalan, the author explains that this mantra is recited for balancing the Vishnu Granthi. 
This is the maha mantra of Lord Krishna. Its benefits are as follows: The nadis of the heartchakra is cleansed. It balances the heart chakra. Continuous practice of this meditation on this mantra helps in purification of the thinking process. It also helps in dissolving all the past karmic deeds for a better future. The Vishnu Granthi adds obstructions for the sadhaka keeping one under the wraps of attachment, bondage, leading to the process of selfishness and supra ego.
There was a purpose then that I should receive this particular matra first. Just as we clean up the home before ushering in the physical guru, certain preparations were to take place before we welcome the Atma back within us.