Sunday 10 October 2021

BLISS

I  share Srinatha Raghavan's post on Fb as we share the same bliss in taking flight with the Atma or Atma Darisanam. 

Well, these sudden flights of the Spirit happens unknowingly and abruptly, often to the great astonishment (Thankfully not annoyance) of my wife/family. She sometimes freezes in stupor, not knowing what to do with me, when I am in a spiritual daze, shivering or crying profusely over something that is not even explainable. 

There was a time, during the initial days of our marriage, She would greatly panic seeing me get into an emotional fit. Gradually She understood the pain of inner seperation, although seemingly painful to behold, it was actually granting me a certain bliss, and that's when she learned to live with it without remonstrances. She would often remind me, "You are a householder and you cannot afford to neglect your day to day duties?"

I would simply nod my head in acquisance, but could do nothing about it. 

Honestly it can be intense and highly confusing at times for the ones who behold it and also for the ones undergoing it. My head gets heated up, boils erupt all over the body, sometimes I sit like an inert object for hours together causing inconvenience to others, and at other times erupt into a fit of rage for a mere trifle causing tension. Trust me, one word that best explains the state of being is "Dichotomy". 

It ain't easy to live with a spiritual lunatic under the same roof, but these aren't in my hands to control and I'm not a bit ashamed that I get these so called "Fits of the Spirit". Thankfully I have a partner who understands it well, but more so, doesn't misunderstand it. Interestingly my wife often points out jokingly (with an element of truth in it), "Be thankful! If any other Woman was to be your wife, She would have either gone mad or turned you sad!" Yeah! I gladly concur.  

Finally I have realised that it's a part and parcel of my journey, which shall one day cleanly cut me off from the chords of the world (Or it may simply go "pooof"), causing a potential void in my loved ones life, yet I accept it all with deep gratitude and humility, as it has given me a taste of the Divine.