Friday 8 October 2021

UNDERSTANDING FURTHER

When out of frustration on not knowing the answers about the Udal, Uyir, and Atma lead me to ask all those I knew and posting my "QUEST FOR THE SOUL & SPIRIT" and understanding at that moment of time at 
https://agathiyarvanam.blogspot.com/2021/10/though-i-would-very-much-like-to-visit.html, Agathiyar came immediately to correct me on several points. If I had summarized my understanding as "Udal is the body. Porul is the soul. Aavi is the spirit. Udal was given by the parents. Soul registers everything. Spirit enlightens us" I stand corrected by Agathiyar. After going through his memo to us recently, I understood that Udal is the body. Porul is the Uyir or breath. Atma is the vibration/Agathiyan/Erai. Udal was given by the parents. Uyir sustains us in the body. Atma that is vibration enlightens us, connecting us with Agathiyan/Erai.

The Atma that was with us initially is veiled after a period for a mysterious reason said Agathiyar. I figured that it was to allow the process of karma to work in each individual. It is the period of payback and settling the scores, making right the wrongs, atone for the past mistakes, forgive others and ask to be forgiven, a period where all our karma takes the form of sufferings, illness, misery, misfortunes, etc, and also equally where we are rewarded for all the kindness, charity, love, loyalty, devotion etc and all our wishes and desires from the past take shape and form. The Atma stands back and veils itself, never intending to interfere with the natural law but to let the process go on and the individuals experience and learn from these experiences. During this time the Atma is bound and its hands tied. The Atma can only watch all that takes place. The law of cause and effect had to be fulfilled. Once our actions deserve a reprieve the Atma draws the veil and shows itself. If we recognized it, the Atma comes to stay forever henceforth. The Atma now lends a hand in settling the past account and debts. Once the debt is settled, we are given refuge. As in ஆட்கொள்ளல் the Atma comes to regain its right over us and brings on the memory of our connection with it/Agathiyan/Erai. The Atma leads us to Erai as we see in the life of Sundaramurthy Nayanar.


We are told that "அண்டத்தில் உள்ளது பிண்டத்தில்; பிண்டத்தில் உள்ளது அண்டத்தில்". Just like the sun rays travel far and reach us, enveloping us in its warmth, the Atma that is in vibration reaches out to us extending its arms and enveloping us. I had thought the Atma to be identical to us but of a subtle nature and material, living within and steps before us in meditation and that it addresses us and converses with us. I also thought that it leaves the body on an astral journey and returns into the body. After reading Agathiyar's memo I have dropped that understanding. I understand that the Atma prevails everywhere as vibration with its origin as a bigger vibration. Just as this blog is powered by Blogger, this entire show is staged by the Atma. The Atma that dances nonstop when it reveals itself spreads its arms around us enveloping us and we tango with it momentarily. The idea is to prolong the dance and remain connected for life.

As for me, it was some 43 years minus 1 to 5 varahai, a count of time as used in the past, the period that the Atma stayed around with me, before it was veiled.  I asked Tavayogi why I only knew of the path late in life when I was 43. His reply stunned me. He told me "At least be grateful you came to know now!" I guess there are those who never reach that moment in their lifetime. Following my parents and forefathers on the path of Sariyai frequenting the temples and lighting lamps at home at the altar, I took on the worship of the deities at my bachelor home later. During this period I read much on culture and tradition and moved to know religion. I picked up yoga lessons from the books and practiced them. Then there was a long break. I was then 28. Lord Shiva told me in a dream to take a break from the charade of questions that I had no answers to. I guess I had to fulfill my past karma and desires and also those of others. In later years as I came to read the Nadi, Agathiyar told us in my daughter's Nadi that they wanted us to be their parents again and hence we are together in this birth. I married the following year and started a family. I only frequented the temples for the sake of my children knowing God. The year 2001 was right for the Atma to return, unveiling itself. The Vasudeva mantra was conveyed to me in a mysterious way. I was told that I shall meet my guru. The following year I read the Nadi. I was told that all my previous endeavors were marred by karma. Hence I could not reap the benefit of my practices. The Atma came to help me rectify my karma. I undertook my maiden pilgrimage to India to carry out remedies. Once the past was cleared, it was time to meet my guru as I was told earlier. I stood before my guru Supramania Swami naked and void of karma and empty of all learning, the year after. Two years later I met Tavayogi. The seed was planted and nurtured.