Wednesday 11 September 2024

SEEING THE SUBTLE

The very first thing Tavayogi did upon leaving my home after the pep talk that he gave taking up my invitation to visit our home in 2005, was to correct my perception of all things holy that we believe to be true before starting me on this amazing journey of transformation both external and internal. The very last thing Agathiyar did was to correct my perception in specific areas within the material, religious, and spiritual spheres. Both my gurus, the former in the physical form and the latter though in the subtle form coming through the Nadi, devotees, and through memos, did justice in ridding me of the deception that Maya very cleverly creates. They have rid us of our hold on Maya.

In creating this world Maya took reign of it. Agathiyar told me that I had to learn to differentiate, identify, and live accordingly. Maya is in the material world and the religious and spiritual worlds too. It is for us to see through it. I thought that the world only exists as far as we exist, for if we shut our eyes it disappears from our vision. It disappears from our vision when we sleep and I presume when dead, it fades from our vision too. I had thought that all our desires, likes, wishes, learnings, knowledge, habits and character, practices, and Yogic practices too such as meditating shall die with us. I thought that all our efforts too shall die with us. But Supramania Swami on the contrary told me that our efforts all not wasted for we carry them with us into the next birth where we begin from where we left off. Agathiyar later made me rethink when the author of the blog "Siththan Arul", Velayutham Karthikayan Aiya shared with me that Agathiyar had told the family of the famous Nadi reader of Chennai who had passed away not to carry out customary rituals. To my surprise, Agathiyar revealed in the Nadi as Karthikayan Aiya shared further that his soul was meditating in the Pothigai hills. Recently Agathiyar surprised us further when he revealed that the Atma Santhi Kriyas or rituals to appease the deceased's souls are only required for those who had carried many desires and could never put them down or had carried many unfulfilled desires before their untimely death. These souls shall linger around in this world till they take up another body or rather build another body from the cells of its future parents, that is home for themselves to reside in and fulfill these unfulfilled desires. So it seems like even if we drop the body and it returns to the five elements that the soul had assembled together to create the body, the essence exists in subtle form and is carried into unseen realms around us. Life indeed is a mystery. No number of lifetimes shall help us decipher or fathom it. We need God's grace to understand it fully.