Friday 13 September 2024

THE GRACE OF AGATHIYAR

Agathiyar tells us that he does not give life nor take one's life. It is Lord Siva who decides. Hence when we approach him and plead for mercy and to extend one's life do so much as to bring it to Lord Siva's attention. The Siddhas sometimes use the tool of conducting a Yagam, such as when Tavayogi was critical. Lord Siva heard their plea and extended Tavayogi's life giving him time to settle the process of handing over the ashram to Mataji and passing on the gift of reading the Jeeva Nadi in his possession. During the pandemic, Lord Siva asked us to conduct the Yagam and recite a couple of mantras to ward off the virus and keep us safe. In the blog "Siththan Arul" it is mentioned that Agathiyar goes to the extent of knocking on Lord Brahma's door to have him change the fate of his devotees. 

The Siddhas shall care for us and look after our interests. But if we go by the numerous titles of videos and articles on Agathiyar, so many promises are made. A picture is then painted that Agathiyar fulfills all our asking even the petty things that we can surely work for it or towards it or come up with or think of a solution. But sadly no one speaks about Agathiyar's willingness to uplift us to his stature. But to reach his stature we have to work towards it. I guess this is too much work for them hence their reluctance in pursuing the given tasks. Besides getting sore with those who do not practice the Yoga Asanas and Pranayama given, Agathiyar is sore with those who dodge by giving the excuse, "Let me see". This can only mean that he or she is waiting for something else to crop up so that he can decline the call or shelf the task. Agathiyar to him is secondary now. I guess the reason I have made it this far is that I follow his dictates. Those that I am not keen to pursue I tell him. He accepts and we move on after I have made my stand. 

Looking back at our journey from 2002 till now, it is like a dream. I never imagined I would come this far. Although I haven't achieved anything worthwhile and worth mentioning, having Agathiyar look over our shoulders is the biggest gift. His company is enough. His grace or Arul is enough. I know that I am not alone.