Monday 3 October 2022

GAINING OUR ATTENTION

Today I had my eldest granddaughter pick up a mounting board and place it on the floor the moment she called me to play picnic in our living room. What do you know? Her little sister and brother immediately came and sat with her on the mounting board. A space was created where they began to play together. This is what I learned during a course on Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) back then too. We were asked to throw an imaginary circle on the stage before we step on it. This would remove stage fright and give us the courage to address the audience or spectators. It worked. We have been to concerts and shows, right? At times there is a curtain in theatres and stage shows right? Before the show starts either the curtain is drawn aside, music begins, or the spotlights bring our attention to the artiste's entry on stage capturing the attention of the audience that was dispersed moments ago.

Similarly, we bring people's attention to a spot or a center in meditation too as in concerts. If most books on Yoga and masters suggest various means to bring our focus to a space where we can finally settle in, all of these needed our effort and discipline. It never worked for me. I had prayed to Agathiyar and Ramalinga Adigal to make it easy for me and bring it on by his grace as I could not do it even if I tried hard. These most compassionate gurus threw a space before me and have asked me to step in. How wonderful. The swirling sensation in my abdomen several weeks ago was felt on the top of my head the following day but with a lesser intensity. There was a coolness that prevailed in that region. If I had found it challenging to sit and go within all these years, this sensation takes me there easily these days. I understand now that we need a point of focus for meditation to happen. 

The coolness that was felt at the top of my head has expanded to the back of my head too. At the same time, a tightness is felt in the forehead, eyes, and nose. This tightness was experienced on a larger scale when Agathiyar told me that my Muladhara Chakra was open back then in the years following 2010. After that, he said the energy had stagnated at Svathisthana. Only recently did he open the bund and let the ponded water out. I am surprised that the flood waters did not pond in the other chakras but reached the ocean of Sahasrara. What can I say but a BIG THANK YOU to Agathiyar and Ramalinga Adigal. 

Last night we gathered all the children of the AVM family at the home of a senior couple who were devotees to usher the 7th day of Navarathri prayers. The children sang songs to Ma. Agathiyar, Ramalinga Adigal, and Goddess Ma came to bless all those present through devotees. Ramalinga Adigal brought down the Grace of Arutperunjothi Aadavar on us in torrents. There was a shower of energy and grace through the night. We could feel and understand his compassion towards us and his yearning that we all arise to his state. We brought back the bliss into our homes too. 


We are truly happy that we could pass on the prayers to our children and grandchildren having picked up the worship of the Siddhas and sitting with our families. Now it is time to pass on the flame to these children to carry one.