Wednesday 19 October 2022

KNOWING EACH'S INTENT

I am not a Nadi reader, nor do I have any Nadi in my possession, but I am passionate about it for it has always intrigued me. There is a mystical flair to it. Anyway, a new phase of my journey and life came with the coming of the Nadi and its authors the Siddhas into my life at 43. They have guided me well. Hence the reason for me to share and write much about it. If many come to it as and when they need guidance or are in trouble or in misery, others become dependent on to the extend they consult the Siddhas for every single thing, desire or venture of theirs. As for me the calling came in 2002 after some six years after I came to know of the existence of the Nadi and its authors in 1996. Agathiyar then told me that he would see me when I was 45-46 years old. That is when Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal comes to our shore, and I meet him. He tells me to see my Jnana Kaandam. Agathiyar points me to him as my guru. The said journey started under Tavayogi's guidance and the many Aasi readings where the Siddhas call us up to update us on what to do. I guess the reason this happened was I had surrendered to them for better or for worst.

A story is told about the nature of seekers, devotees, followers and disciples and the reason they arrive. I see a similarity with those who come seeking the Nadi too.

Narrenaditya Komaragiri writes a fictitious story on "Who A True Devotee Is" "that was inspired by a small but an amazing one-page story that he read in a Telugu book", at http://www.tirumalesa.com/a-thought-provoking-powerful-story-that-will-tell-you-who-a-true-devotee-is/

A saint who attained the gift of seeing God whenever he chooses asked God what are the qualities of a true devotee? 

God takes his devotees as an example to explain. He tells him there were currently 10 devotees suffering from different ailments currently in his ashram. "You and your assistants are doing great service. However, neither your Tava Sakthi nor the care by your assistants can completely cure them." So, God says, "Therefore, I will come to your Ashram tomorrow, in my original form, and cure their disease. See what happens."

When God arrives, the saint pleads to God on their behalf again to cure them. God's gaze fell on all the ten inmates of the ashram. 

God told them, “Okay. I accept your prayers and requests. Now go to your rooms. In about a week’s time all your diseases will be cured and all of you can then go home and live happily thereafter. As said by God, all the incurable diseases of all these devotees, in the holy Saint’s Ashram, were completely cured within a week. 

However, only one of them immediately went to the Saint; prostrated before his feet; and with tears in his eyes said, “Swamy, I am not a great devotee like all others here nor offer any big prayers to God. However, I strongly believe that whatever is coming and going from my life; whatever is happening or not happening in my life; and whatever I am gaining or losing in my life are due to His divine grace. Therefore, with immense faith in Him, I was always confident that He who had given me the disease will also give me the cure. And today I am cured completely from my disease, which everyone thought is incurable, and attained absolute normalcy. This wouldn’t have been possible without your grace and guidance Swamy. Today, you have not only helped me but also my poor family that is surviving solely on my earnings. I don’t know how to offer my thanks to you. Please bless me Swamy. And please permit me to visit your Ashram once again with my family.” Saying so, that follower of the holy Saint took leave from him. The Saint blessed him and felt immensely happy with the humility he had spoken.

But the saint thought, “Why is that only this follower of mine had come to me and offered me thanks and why is that others have not come and offered their thanks to me when I did so much selfless service to them and helped them get their disease cured by God." In a way he was deeply hurt too by the behavior of those patients. 

A couple of days later, God came to inquired about the health condition of the devotees. The Saint explained everything to God in detail and finally expressed his unhappiness saying, “Swamy, although I did everything that I can do to help these devotees overcome their illnesses, I have in the end expected a small thanks from them as a mark of gratitude for praying for their cure. Surprisingly, only one of the ten patients had come to me and offered me his thanks but the rest of the nine did not even inform me and left the Ashram. I really felt sad Swamy. I am a human too. They are all great devotees and were very devoted to me when in Ashram. How can they do this to me Swamy?”

God gave a loud laugh and said there is more to come. "Very shortly you are going to hear about some bad stories circulating all over the world about you. These nine people who used you in the Ashram are now going to tell the world some cooked up stories about you in defense of what they have done to you and why they have done that to you. However, what is more surprising here is, the world too believes only in their unscrupulous loudness than in your noble silence."

"But you should always be like a lamp and be doing your best to give light to the world without worrying about what people are doing in the darkness behind you.”

God reveals their thoughts to the saint upon been cured completely cured from the disease by His divine intervention on the request of the Saint.

The 1st patient had a doubt if he was truly cured as the doctors had given up on him. "So let me check up with them once and get back to this Saint again." He just doesn’t need the Saint anymore because his devotion towards the Saint is need based.

The second devotee thought, “Is this cure really complete? Or is this just temporary. Let me be fully assured and then come back to this Saint and thank him for what he had done to me.” He hesitates to completely trust God.

The third devotee thought, “I think I never had any disease. This Saint and his assistants have made me feel sick just for their benefit and forcibly kept me here. Maybe they have some expectation from me in future. This is all drama." In fact, it is this devotee who had actually spread many false stories about the Saint in defense of his stupid claims. So, there’s no way he would visit the Saint again.

The fourth devotee thought, “Yeah. The Saint had certainly helped me cure my disease. But it’s okay. I can come to him again some other time and thank him. Where’s the need to do that immediately. Even otherwise where will the Saint go from here." Do you think he is going to do that? Maybe he will but only when another such need arises.

The fifth devotee thought, "It would have on its own got cured in course of time anyway. I have unnecessarily wasted my time by coming to this Saint and staying in his Ashram for so long.” This man too had spread false stories about the Saint and prevented many from going to the Saint for cure.

The sixth devotee thought. "What is that the Saint had done to me except giving lengthy discourses every morning and evening. Whatever little that was done to me was done by his assistants. However, that doesn’t mean I should be thankful to them all for what they have done to me. They have just done their duty. So, there’s no need for me to either thank the Saint or his devotees. In fact, the Saint should be thankful to me for giving him a chance to serve a great devotee like me.” 

The seventh devotee thought, “Any small Doctor in my town would have cured my disease. This Saint had unnecessarily said that it is an incurable disease and wasted my time here in this Ashram." 

The eighth devotee thought, "My disease is half cured and would have any how cured in another week. So, what is that either the God or the saint had done to me to be thankful to them. Not necessary.”

The ninth devotee thought, “What is that the Saint had specially done to me. I am destined to have the darshan of God and get my disease cured by Him. So got it cured now. The saint had just played his role in the whole drama. So, the question of thanking him doesn’t arise at all.”

Finally, God comes around to the man who came forward to thank the saint and reveals his thoughts to the saint. “How many efforts the holy Saint had really put to get us cured from our disease. He’s really God in human form. He had also on our behalf prayed to God and requested Him to cure our disease. What is that we have paid him for all that he had done to us. In fact, he had spent his own money on us and served us without expecting anything in return from us. What is that we can in return offer him to show our gratitude. I have done something good in my past life therefore I had the good fortune of meeting such noble Saints in this life. All this had happened entirely due to the grace of God. As long as we all are alive, me and my family should be thankful to this great noble saint. God, please give me an opportunity in future to do something in return to show my gratitude to this holy Saint. My sincere thanks to you both for being so merciful towards this poor soul.”

God continued, "You once asked me who is a true devotee and what are the qualities of true devotion. I could have given you an elaborate explanation but wanted to give you a real-life experience so that you will be able to understand the world and people around you in a better way. I think you now know who a true devotee is and what are the qualities of true devotion."

Do we see a similarity between those above who sought a cure for their diseases and those who seek the Nadi? I sure do.