Wednesday 5 October 2022

LENDING AN EAR

Ramalinga Adigal came last night on the eve of his Jayanthi which is today. We are indeed blessed to have him come and bless us just days after he came to bring down Arutperunjothi's grace on all of us gathered for the Navarathri Puja at a devotee's home. 

He asked that I chew 3 pieces of clove which I did immediately in his presence. I have been having a dry cough for more than a month since I returned from my hometown taking an electric train back. The air conditioner in the train cabin was so cold that I caught a cold.

Agathiyar too has asked me to close the windows when I go to bed telling me that my body needs heat now and the cool night air will do harm. 

Moments before Ramalinga Adigal came Mahendran and I were talking about whether to listen to others' grouses or not. The senior devotee who hosted the Navarathri puja was asked to volunteer at a couple of temples during the post-Covid period till now. He gets devotees coming up to him asking him to place their requests to the presiding deity Lord Ganapathy. The devotee would give an ear and move into the inner sanctum and ask that the Lord put them out of their miseries. In the days of my worship to the Siddhas, when Agathiyar used to send many to my home, some would begin to talk about their problems. As these were the initial days of my home puja, I and my wife would listen to them. But we made a mistake of giving suggestions and advice. When these came back to us, I asked Tavayogi why it was happening. He apprehended us for involving. He told us to show them to Agathiyar sitting as a bronze statue in my home instead. Let Agathiyar handle it he said. We learned a lesson then. Knowing Tavayogi he does not mess with others' karma, we too stayed clear from it making known our stand to Agathiyar henceforth. Mahin and I were asking ourselves whether we should listen to others' problems, lend a shoulder for them to cry, and comfort them in their times of trial. That is when Ramalinga Adigal comes to deliver the verdict. He said that Agathiyar listens through us. As such we were to keep our ears open. We got the message after Ramalinga Adigal cleared the air.