Friday 14 October 2022

KUNDALI PAAL

It is the same world. Nothing has changed. What has changed is our standing. What has changed is our understanding. 

So too it is that the moon is the same. To lovers of yore, the moon came as a messenger bringing messages to each other. Sadly in present times we hardly look up at the sky. We are bogged with social media. 

The moon is the same. But the soul has elevated to its highest expression. Just as we are always told to aim for the highest, Tavayogi asked us to worship Agathiyar. Agathiyar asked to worship Ma. Today she has shown us to Father Siva. A divine being like Ramalinga Adigal who sees God as his beloved looks up to the moon too. But his quest is to know the self. It is said that Erai is a thief; he steals your heart; he comes in the middle or dead of night; he comes without announcing; he comes when least expected; he consumes you; he leaves you desperate and yearning for him; his thought never leaves us after that. Siva has stolen Ramalinga Adigal's heart too. Ramalinga Adigal did not settle for a place at the feet of Siva but instead asked to be placed with the new moon or crescent that adorns his tresses. He believes since the Lord adorns the crescent moon it could share the secret. Show me a way to know myself and immerse in its bliss he asks of it. I would like to join you up there in the tresses of my Lord. I would love to immerse myself in the sea of Satchit Ananda. I yearn to be in a place void of day and night. Oh, Moon, who is full of Tejas I wish to become Shivam. I wish to drop all Mala or impurities. Will the Lord secretly come to me? Will he give me an opportunity to serve him secretly? Oh, Moon fill me in on the Mala. I yearn for the Kundalini. What is it like to be beginningless and endless? How did you come about without a seed? Teach me a way to attain the state where My Lord and I are one. Teach me so that I realize myself. So much is said about the Vaasi (Breath). Please enlighten me on it? Why does my Lord choose to dance in Ambalam? How does my Lord dance in levitation? How is he in all atoms? Just like we get to know the owner through the watchman Ramalinga Adigal through his song, entices the Moon to reveal more about his Lord and the secrets kept close to his heart.

1. தன்னையறிந் தின்பமுற வெண்ணிலா வே - ஒரு
தந்திரநீ சொல்லவேண்டும் வெண்ணிலா வே.

2. நாதமுடி மேலிருந்த வெண்ணிலா வே - அங்கே
நானும்வர வேண்டுகின்றேன் வெண்ணிலா வே.

3. சச்சிதானந் தக்கடலில் வெண்ணிலா வே - நானுந்
தாழ்ந்துவிழ வேண்டுகின்றேன் வெண்ணிலா வே.


4. இராப்பகலில் லாவிடத்தே வெண்ணிலா வே - நானும்
இருக்கவெண்ணி வாடுகின்றேன் வெண்ணிலா வே.

5. தேசுநிற மாய்நிறைந்த வெண்ணிலா வே - நானுஞ்
சிவமயம தாய்விழைந்தேன் வெண்ணிலா வே.

6. போதநடு வூடிருந்த வெண்ணிலா வே - மலப்
போதமற வேண்டுகின்றேன் வெண்ணிலா வே.

7. ஆருமறி யாமலிங்கே வெண்ணிலா வே - அரு
ளாளர்வரு வாரோசொல்லாய் வெண்ணிலா வே.

8. அந்தரங்க சேவைசெய்ய வெண்ணிலா வே - யெங்கள்
ஐயர்வரு வாரோசொல்லாய் வெண்ணிலா வே.

9. வேதமுடி மேலிருந்த வெண்ணிலா வே - மல
வேதையுள வேதுசொல்லாய் வெண்ணிலா வே.

10. குண்டலிப்பால் நின்றிலங்கும் வெண்ணிலா வே - அந்தக்
குண்டலிப்பால் வேண்டுகின்றேன் வெண்ணிலா வே.

11. ஆதியந்த மென்றுரைத்தார் வெண்ணிலா வே - அந்த
ஆதியந்த மாவதென்ன வெண்ணிலா வே.

12. வித்திலாம லேவிளைந்த வெண்ணிலா வே - நீதான்
விளைந்தவண்ண மேதுசொல்லாய் வெண்ணிலா வே.

13. முப்பொருளு மொன்றதென்பார் வெண்ணிலா வே - அந்த
மூன்றுமொன்றாய் முடிந்ததென்ன வெண்ணிலா வே.

14. நானதுவாய் நிற்கும்வண்ணம் வெண்ணிலா வே - ஒரு
ஞானநெறி சொல்லுகண்டாய் வெண்ணிலா வே.

15. ஞானமய மாய்விளங்கும் வெண்ணிலா வே - என்னை
நானறியச் சொல்லுகண்டாய் வெண்ணிலா வே.

16. வாசிவாசி யென்றுரைத்தார் வெண்ணிலா வே - அந்த
வாசியென்ன பேசுகண்டாய் வெண்ணிலா வே.

17. ஐந்தலைப்பாம் பாட்டுகின்றார் வெண்ணிலா வே - அவர்
அம்பலத்தில் நின்றதென்ன வெண்ணிலா வே.

18. ஓரெழுத்தி லைந்துண்டென்பார் வெண்ணிலா வே - அது
ஊமையெழுத் தாவதென்ன வெண்ணிலா வே.

19. அம்பலத்தில் ஆடுகின்றார் வெண்ணிலா வே - அவர்
ஆடுகின்ற வண்ணமென்ன வெண்ணிலா வே.

20. அந்தரத்தில் ஆடுகின்றார் வெண்ணிலா வே - அவர்
ஆடும்வகை எப்படியோ வெண்ணிலா வே.

21. அணுவிலணு வாயிருந்தார் வெண்ணிலா வே - எங்கும்
ஆகிநின்ற வண்ணமென்ன வெண்ணிலா வே.

22. அண்டபகி ரண்டமெல்லாம் வெண்ணிலா வே - ஐயர்
ஆட்டமென்று சொல்வதென்ன வெண்ணிலா வே.

23. அம்பரத்தி லாடுகின்றார் வெண்ணிலா வே - என்னை
ஆட்டுகின்றார் இம்பரத்தே வெண்ணிலா வே.


Many saints realized their devotion or bakti slowly evolve or grow to that of love or kadhal for Erai. Swami Saravanananda describes devotion as the thawing and melting of the mind (intellect) while love means the thawing and melting of the soul (heart). So too my heart yearns for him.

We have either read or heard stories about how the Siddhas attained the state of Jothi. In recent times, Ramalinga Adigal attained this state in 1874 followed by Jeganatha Swamigal in 1959. Supramania Swami told me he saw the Jothi just days before his samadhi. When Tavayogi used to frequent Malaysia, I posed my desire to see him attain the state too. But he replied that he would have to come back. He told me that that state is only possible if we worked towards it and attained it before we reach the age of 60. Agathiyar (before he took on this name) had to come back in another birth and attain this state through the grace of Lord Murugan. Agathiyar monitored Jnana Jothiamma closely as she embarked on this journey too. She was 60 and above too. But it is still a mystery to us whether she attained the state as Agathiyar has not revealed. As I step into my 63rd year, Agathiyar tells me that we shall go through much misery if it is attempted after 60. But the most compassionate father and guru did give it a try. He comforted me that I did try, though I faced disappointments in the practices that were given to me. Unknown to me he triggered the sleeping serpent and monitored my progress, only revealing it to me in 2007. Only recently did he open up the gates to the Sushumna Nadi and allowed the serpent access to the higher chakras. I now bathe in bliss in the crown of my head. It was not my effort at all but his beneficence. He has given me an opportunity to achieve this high state. I am grateful to him for another chance. I am grateful to him for closing an eye on all my sins and allowing this sinner to participate in the race too. I pray that I shall succeed with his grace and make my gurus proud. I too would like to join their ranks and be one with them again.