Sunday 27 August 2023

A NOTE OF THANKS

Speaking to a Siddha practitioner I came to know the different approaches to administering medicines. If there is one drug in modern medicine, that is meted out to all for a particular problem, Siddha medicine is dispensed according to one's constitution. Similarly, our elders have given us a pantheon of Gods and Goddesses to please each segment of society to worship as they please. The calling to the Siddha path that eventually brings one to the dissolution of the Udal, Uyir, and Atma is one of them. 

Starting with the recitation of the names of the Siddhas and worship of them we get closer to these Deities knowing that the Siddhas too worshipped them and are sharing the method and practices that they had tried and tested with us. They bring us to light the flame be it from an oil lamp or the Homam and its larger version the Yagam. Soon they get us to observe the fire in us and our fiery breath and have us fan it, cool it, or correct its flow by giving us time-tested techniques. This is where we step out from the textbook knowledge to find out for ourselves the many changes that come in the form of transformation within us. Thenceforth it is each man for himself. 

If everybody can come together to recite the names of the Siddhas and light up the flame, Yoga is a personal experience that comes within each of us and varies between one another. No two experiences shall be the same. Just as Siddha medicine is dispensed according to one's constitution, the results of our efforts shall vary, according to our body constitution and the inherent energy patterns. Though Yoga is taught to the masses, the experience will vary from person to person. Learning from Tavayogi with several others I could not share notes with them about what I saw take place within me. It needs discipline and adherence to proper diet, the number of hours put in towards its practice, the extent one could push his or her body to perform the asanas, our breathing capacity, the state of mind and body, and other health issues all could either contribute to or retard the desired results. 

But as one progresses steadily under the watchful eye of a living guru or the Siddhas, the gurus bring down the grace of the divine energies to jumpstart the dormant battery in us. Now fully charged we are able to progress to higher levels and higher spheres. These energies that vibrate within heal the body, and sustain and nourish it as it travels the path less traveled. The energies traverse further moving the sluggish energies to awakening the dormant energy centers or chakras along its route. This movement varies from person to person and the time of arrival or taken to arrive from one point to another too defer. 

The eventual flowering of the petals and the blossoming of the flower that creates bliss in the crown and throughout the body right up to the cells is something to await and experience. But it is a wait worth waiting. The dawn of knowledge comes next. The rest of the journey takes place subtly within us. The body becomes a powerhouse as it is lighted up. Attaining the body of light is a rare thing indeed but it is not impossible as shown by a handful of saints.

If initially it is a lone search for the path, once we come upon it we join the crowd that goes ahead of us. Many a time we tend to take a break or rest or might even fall out or give up. We might find ourselves lost as no one is in sight or we find that others are way ahead of us. Placing more effort as in running to catch and keep pace with the others, we are finally told that the path has narrowed down and only one person is allowed at a time to further his journey. Here we realize that there is no one to follow and as we look back no one is following us too. It now is back to a solo journey as we had started back then. 

This is where we need the divine to light up the path and lead us further into unchartered territories. Otherwise, we will be crouping in the dark. Here then all the hours and days and years of our worship, acts of charity, and dharma come to give us a hand. The heavenly beings and the deities come down to usher and lead us to the heavenly kingdom. 

I am blessed and grateful to my parents, siblings, family, friends, upagurus, and gurus for all the assistance given to embark on a journey that few have had an opportunity to undertake for various reasons. When Ma Prapanjam came through a devotee yesterday and asked me if I was happy seeing her after having Agathiyar and Ramalinga Adigal mention her and passing me to her to lead me further, I only asked of her that it was not enough that I receive her grace but she has to shower her grace on everyone. She replied that as she was the Prapanjam she cared for all. She left uttering the words Shanti, Shanti, Shanti. If she had previously come down to us as torrents of energy that were brought about and made possible by Ramalinga Adigal, and had come in a dream to this disciple during the post-pandemic period, this was my first encounter with her taking a form to communicate with us. The Prapanjam has come to embrace us in her arms. Before she left she told me to summon her if the need be and she would come. Indeed we are speechless and indebted to the divine energies that are all around us and in us and in all matter. I take this opportunity to thank all those who followed this blog and messaged and wrote in too. It is all by his will. If he figures that it is enough someday, he shall drain the reservoir of ink. Till then I guess I shall keep on writing.
  • Keep updating the blog, looking forward to more content...Great job, keep it up.
  • Thanks for sharing as it is an excellent post would love to read your future post for more knowledge- I was in search of such a blog that explores my knowledge in the industry. 
  • Excellent...very true what you said...tears..will..well up in your eyes...
  • Amazing what you do..what you make do... I am sure Lord Agathiyar will continue to shower His choicest blessings on you and those close to you. Pranams.
  • I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains a lot of information. thanks.
  • Thank you all for sharing about Guru.
  • Intha pathivu megavum arumaiya erunthathu.
  • So true..the essence of the path that needs to be walked alone, albeit with the guidance of the Lord and Masters.
  • Great words, Even greater mission and above greatest is your experience of the mystical world of Siddhars. It appears like you have put the words in your blog which also suit my experience which started when I met the worshipper of Sri Agasthya, Sri Remesh Guruji, and my spiritual journey to the world of Siddhars thereafter. If it was not a mystic world, how a hardcore engineer like me would have become a poet of Siddhars. All the writeups, prayers, and bhajans have come out of my pen I feel due to the guidance of Sri Agathiyar and these are available on the YouTube links given below. Kindly go through these at your convenience.
  • To the blessed and beautiful soul who wrote this blog to enlighten others on their spiritual journey
  • I am so immersed and touched by the blogs and articles... Trying to reach you through mail or cell contact.. pls pass it on. Am Dr by profession based in Mumbai...
  • Very nice article, Thanks for more information. 
  • Hi Shanmugam, I'm Siva living in India. I was pulled into this site and Sadhguru Agathiyar, for a reason I guess. How do I contact you?
  • Sir, I went to see my Nadi with Nadi Noon Aasan T Ramesh after reading your blog for some days. Now I realize my past karma, the reason for the suffering I'm going through, and the parikaram. I would like to say 'thank you' to you for writing this blog and introducing me to Siddha. I have a long way to go but I believe this is the juncture for my new life!
  • Thanks for your informative article.Thank you for your post about Kashi, I really enjoyed it.
  • @Shan: First of all my sincere obeisance to you Sir...I ve just started following your blog...There is tons of information...Thank you for sharing all this info.
  • Hi, Thanks for sharing this nice post. I really appreciate your blog. I love reading yoga and fitness blogs.
  • Nice blog. Thank you for sharing.
  • Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyway, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much from your website and I anticipate a lot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thank you.
  • Dear Sir, I have become an ardent follower of your posts here. my bhakti towards Mahamuni Agathiyar is increasing slowly by reading your blogs and gnanbhoomi blogs as well. 
  • Hi. I commented a few days earlier about karma questions. They are kind of solved now. I really love your blog and it is my only hope! Actually, I want to share with you my story! I think you are the only one who will understand. I actually read a lot of false spirituality stuff that made me believe that god is a maniac who has already fixed our destiny and we cannot do anything about it. It also told that the atman is a prisoner inside its own body and the body behaves on its own and we have to endure the effects of the karma that we didn't create in the first place. Through your blog, I understood that the atman acts through the body! 
  • Hi sir. Thanks for a very enlightening post from none other than the great sage Agasthiar. I really prayed to him to tell me about the working of karma and he replied through your post!
A friend wrote in the following.

"Before I sit for work...I read one article on Siddha heartbeat (have some catching up to do) ..just to let you know the blog is pious... many will benefit from it in the generations to come. When I go through your writings in the blog and the experiences therein, the activation of chakras, the changes in the body, and how the most Graceful, merciful Guru takes care of every minute detail of what His disciple is going through while He is literally carrying you on the path. I know that this is no ordinary blog, these are no mumbo jumbo writings (in case someone has those thoughts). This is a divine blog. I strongly feel only those with a strong karmic balance of good deeds, devotion to the Siddhas, and those looking in all earnestness to travel on the Siddha path will get access to it. This will not be meant for everyone and when I say that I include myself too....as the journey traversed in such a long time is minuscule..  the path to be traveled is long and time is short. He will give each one of us what we deserve for He only knows what is the intensity of that which we are striving for vis a vis our Karmas ...past and present."

I thank him for his kind words. He shares his encounters with Agathiyar briefly.

"I told you earlier that Agathiar came to my home. He chose to come again. In this visit, HE speaks ... It takes many Janmas of devotion and bhakti for Agathiar to come to one's house. Do not think it happens in a single Janam. He says I have come and am sitting in your house... Why do you worry? You know Shan sir, see my level...a nonstarter and see Agathiar ji.....the Father of Siddhas, The greatest of Siddhas, the one to whom Shiv has delegated powers... I am speechless.... at times I become numb...I can't share with all as many will think me as having gone mad... can't type so much...will call you soon...so much to share and listen from you."

In a material world that chases after material gains and keeps to a tight schedule and packs us into a pressure cooker, the only solace is with the children, family, and friends. If they are not available then turn to God. Not in the temples for they too observe certain timings, but God who resides in us 24/7 till our last breath leaves. He listens. Just keep talking. Or it would be better if we remain silent and have him talk. Learn to see him in the gust of wind, in the heat of the day, in the chill of the rain showers, in the mouthful of food we take, in the breath that we inhale, in the aroma in the air, in the arms of another, and in a child's play. He never deserts us.