Thursday 10 August 2023

I TOO HAVE A DREAM

In the movie "Replicas", a scientist erases the memories of his last child from his wife and two other kids upon cloning them after they die in a road mishap. This brings us to the question if we should carry our memories along or leave them behind? What shall we be if we lose our memories? What does it mean to leave the past behind and move on? Would not we then be a different person entirely? It is these memories that we have and hold on to or rather these memories hold us together. Are we these memories? 

Life is full of memories, some that we love to revisit and recount while others we dread to think about it. The old and aged live on memories. While they seem to have lost their future, the young have a future to look out to. So how can two generations live together? While the former is counting his days the latter is looking forward to another day. 

What brightens our lives then? Love does. Be it love for another, loving nature, or loving one's job and career. These are the little flames that keep us going each day. Man basically yearns for love. Love sustains us. Imagine the world if love could unite all of us together. Love does wonders in us. Watch a child express his or her love. Watch couples express theirs. Watch buddies express their love for each other. Watch a samaritan show his love to another. Just as there is an underlying network of roots below the ground connecting the trees and plants, love could connect us all if only we give it some space to grow. The lyricist in the following song has a dream - If love could unite all of creation. வெளியெல்லாம் காதலால் நிறைத்தால் அதற்கீடேது சாமி.



But many dreams of ours remain just a dream. Even the dreams of Siddhas to see humanity evolve seem to be just a dream. Speaking to Mahindren who dropped by moments ago, we had to indulge in a subject that we rarely do at AVM. There seemed to be a necessity to discuss where the world, nation, and humanity were heading. Though speaking about it was a sour grape to swallow, we voiced our aspirations to see a new world evolve, not that we are moving to another planet as some scientist attempt in the movie "Interstellar" but how best we could live with nature. We really need divine intervention at this juncture as things have got out of hand. Man has lost his priorities in life. We are causing more harm than good. Though we cannot do much as an individual, by placing our dreams and aspirations in the Akasha and registering it with Mother Prapanjam, she might find a way to make right all the wrongs. When Lord Shiva said that we had bought the wrath of Mother Prapanjam on us in the form of the pandemic a couple of years ago, he had a handful of us carry out a Homam in our homes to cleanse and purify Prapanjam. Going by what usually takes place during Homam we have no doubt that the entire Siddha family sat with us and prayed for our safety too.

It looks like we need Agathiyar to walk this earth to bring balance as he did in times of the Puranas. Maybe he already has in place his appointees. But what can one man do? Many saints came by to deliver the message. No one listened and followed though we relay their stories again and again. Their stories remain mere stories. Is there anyone who has changed overnight reading or hearing about a saint and his life? I am glad if there are. They should then take the lead to bring awareness to others too. I guess I now am beginning to understand my purpose here and the new task Agathiyar has given me. Am I to sow the seed following in the path of Tavayogi and his gurus before him? Ramalinga Adigal speaking about Tavayogi told me once that "You traveled in his way and followed his teachings. You spread his fame and helped him attain the state of Jothi. அவன் வழி நடந்து முழுமையாக கடைபிடித்து வரும் ஒரு சீடன் நீ. அவன் புகழை பரப்பிய உன் தவ வலிமையால் அவன் ஜோதி நிலை தொட்டு விட்டான். 

But am I a fit vessel or vehicle for this mammoth task? I have so many weaknesses that I find difficult to overcome as it is. How can I guide another? I would ridicule myself and bring shame upon the Siddhas. That is the last thing I want to do. Agathiyar once asked me to walk tall. I have to keep to his word. It is no easy task being a guru. I have watched Tavayogi closely. I know the pain and tribulations that come with it. All the saints too have seen their fair share of troubles. 

I have always rejected all the offers that Agathiyar made in the past. Should I reject this too? But this is happening by his grace. The divine and Prapanjam want to reward its student with a free upgrade. Should I deny it? Ramalinga Adigal said once that "Whenever you say it is enough you shall tend to gain more."

போதும் என்ற மனமே பொன் செய்யும் மருந்து. நீ போதும் என்று சொல்லும் நிலை உன்னை அறியாமல் நீ பெற்றுக் கொண்டுதான் இருக்கிறாய்.

As it is there are too many gurus claiming all sorts of things. I do not want to add to them. Just when I desired to be left alone in my own fortress which is AVM, Ramalinga Adigal comes along and turns it to Gnana Peedham. As Tavayogi always tells us, I too now wonder what else shall take place and what more shall he do?