Wednesday 16 August 2023

THE VOTE

I had recently on 20 July 2023 written that "There might come a day when he might ask me to call it off too, having me call it a day."

Just as I thought, again, that I shall call it a day and bring the shutters down on this blog after writing the last post, I receive a WhatsApp message from a journalist friend in Kerala. 

She wrote, "I'm so so grateful that you are there. Now I feel confident thinking - ah if there's a question that no books can answer I can ask Shanmugham aiyya."

It happened the last time I thought I should stop writing too. How is it that our thoughts could get connected? I guess since she follows the blog and only one who writes to me about these posts, Agathiyar picked her to convey the message. She wrote, "Read everything...actually for two days I was going through the deha that was 96 thathwas abt which you wrote in 2020.."

Is it Agathiyar's wish that was conveyed through her for me to continue writing? In fact, I was even contemplating writing one last post. Just a couple of sentences. "I am calling it a day. Do you agree? Please email me "Yes" or "No".

Indeed thoughts are energies too. Just as Malaysia saw six state elections last weekend, I guess her one vote speaks for the rest of my readers too.

Sending the above passages to her she replies with these wise words that reminded me of Agathiyar's words some time back, asking me to give an ear to others' problems reminding me and asking me where shall I go seeking solace if he shuts his ears.

She wrote, ".. In person, or in words, or in mere existence itself you have already become a guru for many aiyya. This world needs whatever that is in you to be shared. Like Agathiyar. I always tell my friends, appa could've escaped from this hell of a world many centuries before. But still, he is existing. He's giving Nadi readings! See, it hurts me to even think that he talks about all that matters of wealth, romance, papangal, etc through Nadi still. Whatever state they are in _ it is still painful.  So we also have to shoulder some of the burden of his. Maybe I'm wrong..but let Agathiyar teach me right. We need you aiyya. I think the most effortless and heartful way you share wisdom and compassion is through your words. Wisdom is compassion. So you please just write. (But only as far as it is effortless).. As the food fed by Agathiyar and AVM turned out to be prasada _ words of wisdom from the happy mind of the teacher will only turn out to be prasada for us. So please write whenever you feel like it. No voting is needed aiyya."