Thursday 17 August 2023

AN ATTEMPT AT ATTAINING THE FORM OF LIGHT - JNANA JOTHIAMMA & ME

Swami  Saravanananda has given a  beautiful  English rendering of the  Arutperunjhoti  Agaval by  Ramalinga  Swami published by the  Ramalinga  Mission, Madras. Ramalingam just like the other Siddhas before him,  has given much importance to this human body. The author adds that one is not assured that he might obtain another human birth. He says further that leading a life based on an exterior ephemeral state is no life at all; it is mere existence.   

The author says the cosmic space is beginningless and is full of atoms of souls called Atmas. The atoms in cosmic space are of 3 types (immature, transitional, and mature).  

"Due  to  the  differences  in  the  levels  of  will,  wisdom, and  action  (karma)  that  are  found  in  the  cosmic  space,  Atmas  have  come  to  possess threefold bodies (karmic, Pranava, Gnana)." 

"Whatever polar forces are found in the cosmos, can also be found in the human body. This shows that the human body is the temple and abode of the boundless benevolent Jothi and also that of the dynamic polar forces.  Therefore this body has to be first purified of all its dross and veils and made a  fit receptacle to receive the divine radiance. With the aid of this radiance,  the illusory human body can be transformed into a pure body (Sudha degam) followed by the body of sound  (Pranava degam), and finally into a  Gnostic body  (Gnana degam).  This  body alone is  considered as  the  proper vehicle for the attainment of mukti."

"Advanced works on  Tantra yoga and the verses of Siddhas insist that the human brain contains amrita in a solid state. They say that by properly conducting the subtle fire principle or kundalini found  in  the  sushumna  nadi  into  the  brain,  the  solid  amrita  is  made  to  melt;  the melted amrita descends down  to pervade all  the cells  of  the body and as a result the body attains immortality."

It is said that each cell of the body possesses partial consciousness and rudiments of intelligence.  The divine light that passes into the cell makes them fully awakened into perfect or near-perfect intelligence.  The result is the perfect immortal physical body. 

Reading all these makes us want to attempt to try at achieving this perfect immortal physical body. But who do we look up to for guidance? When we have numerous gurus who enlighten us on matters of the world, there is hardly any guru in physical form worthwhile of engaging in a discussion of what is taking place subtly in us, for he must have traveled the path too to enlighten us on these matters. Since Tavayogi was already a full fledge Swami of 69 years of age when I met him, I had no knowledge of what he went through before attaining his state. He was not one to make this public too. Then came Jnana Jothiamma who Agathiyar guided to attain the state of Jothi. I became excited as I could watch her go through the process and learn. Though she too was above sixty nevertheless Agathiyar did attempt to work on her. She followed everything he said in the Nadi. She used to share her experiences traveling to and visiting abodes of Siddhas and temples and also the personal internal travel that brought on immense and drastic changes in her. This was an eye-opener for me. I soon found out what it would be like wishing for the stars. I was terrified and thought twice if I wanted to travel the same path. She too told me that I could not possibly handle the heat nor withstand the onslaught of these changes. She used to share every detail with me through our chat on Skype and emails. 

On 22 November 2014, she wrote the following.

"I have to finish off with all my karmas, this birth itself. HE mentions it in my reading too. He says that I should not think, about what THEY are all doing when this Pralayam is going on inside me. We are watching you every min and I am with you.. So I have to finish it this birth ..No birth again...it is understood and HE also mentions that it would be tough for me too...the sufferings...When Agathiyan says ...HE is there to take care...not once or twice  ...but comes around me like a Kavasam....repeating the same sentence, for my wooden head to understand ...If not think about it...when any normal human being throws up 5/6 times itself...one would become unconsciousness and would have to be hurried to the ICU...in my case...around 25 times...can you imagine? IF AGATHIYAN AND THE SIDDHAS ARE NOT THERE WITH ME...DO YOU THINK I CAN SURVIVE THIS ?"

"Venkatesh Swamy was telling people over there..that this voltage of light which I was able to handle....would have killed an ordinary person. He went on to add..since Dad prepared me at the time of Dheeksha...I was able to withstand it...still fell down unconscious...What will he have to say about my present condition and heat...After many many years, when I live with daddy...I'll surely ask HIM...why I had to undergo so much...Never ever in my life..had I fallen sick ..or taken a single antibiotic...till today...except for some painkillers...even that is not working...now...living on plain rice broth...anything else creating acidity...and burning inside adding to the heat...already there...That Kummari...aloe vera....take twice is sorta controlling the internal heat...5% of this sorta heat, I faced in Kalyana Theertam which made me unconsciousness in the end.....and I just lay down...not knowing where and on what....for three hrs..."

Like her, I am having acid reflux too. Cannot seem to take even plain water at times as it aggravates the pain momentarily. Vata, Kapha, and Pita are expelled continuously. Body pain and numbness appear. They eventually clear up, without the need for medication. I have come to accept it as part of the transformation that is going on.

On 25 November 2014, she wrote again about her condition.

"I am extremely sick....got outta bed after three days...Shan, suddenly from Sunday nite, I feel extremely sick. Suddenly sinuses got activated,, My ears and head,, started to swell...Vomited about 25 times in 30 hrs... a Splitting headache ..Totally dehydrated ...very very weak...I went to bed on Sunday nite at 9 pm...problem started at 11pm...had not left my room from that time..as all I had to do was to go into the restroom...throw up on the wash basin and get back to bed...The entire body...boiling ... internally...and outside it is quite chill...Got up slowly just now to have some rice broth and a shower and wanna return to bed again. It'll take a week I think...to get back at least 50% of my strength...Finally started to vomit blood too...Thought I would die...coz I became blackout a couple of times ..for a sec or so....Daddy is by my side...AND I AM SURVIVING ONLY ON THIS...I ASKED VALLALAR HOW DID HE PASS THIS KINDA STAGE..."

Like her, I am having Sinusitis, something that was alien, these days. Headaches are frequent these days but they disappear just as they come on. My sweat, stools, and urine smell. I have to bathe often. I have constipation at times and at other times it is the other extreme even though I do not take any laxatives. Have vomited blood at times. I have sudden chills and shivers come over me and subside later. Agathiyar assures me that there was nothing to worry about. Boils have appeared on my body. The extreme heat in my body had piles appear for several days on. The body is in total chaos. But Agathiyar who told me that he knows I cannot withstand pain has been gentle on me. He tells me that compared to what Tavayogi and Jnana Jothiamma endured my suffering was minimal. 

Later she emails me some good news.

Dear Shan, Am very much better ..Thank you and Mahi for your love and care...I can feel Bogar Rishi with me, continuously as I can feel the presence of someone always and since I  get Navapashanam (medicine)  smell around and inside me ...It is Bhogar for sure as Dad too had mentioned...Throwing up has stopped completely including headache...but some disorders are there in my stomach.I know by now, after understanding what HE mentioned in my Nadi reading, that it'll take 3 yrs for me to get back to complete normalcy......NORMALCY WAS WHAT HE HAD INTENDED FOR ME. Sickness will get over in six months...then I have so many other things to adhere to....I WILL DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING OUR FATHER ASKS ME TO ......EVEN IF IT WOULD COST MY LIFE...OR   EVEN IF I WERE TO BECOME A CRIPPLE AND LOSE ALL MY SENSES.......AGATHIYAN GAVE ME "HIS" BREATH AND MADE ME "COMPLETE" AGATHIYAN GAVE ME "TOTAL PEACE"

But Agathiyar told us some time back after her demise on 4.4.2017 that her body could not take on the onslaught and transformation. Hence we are now reminded to start early if we ever wish to attain the form of Light. I too have missed the mark as I am 64 this year. Agathiyar has capped it at 60 just like Tavayogi mentioned. If someone older were to achieve the state it is only by the grace of the divine and he is surely lucky. Her appreciation of my wife and me, though we were separated by the vast Indian ocean, of being with her through her years of transformation often brought tears to us.

"I thanked Dad so much ..that HE had connected me to such a secretive friend like Shan...to whom I can discuss, and share all matters pertaining to daddy."

She wrote, "But certain personal experiences that happen to us through Sushmna ...definitely cannot be explained,..I do not feel comfortable in explaining many of my experiences, because it would seem unbelievable to all ...of course...The Infinite is not easy to understand or feel...clearly. It is a very specialized state of ....gnostic state of personal being..."THE HEART OF LIBERATION, MOKSHA ETC..."

"The days when I need to go out for something, what dad had asked me to do...that day...the health seems to be ok and I go out, finish my work and come back home and crash for a day or two. I have even told my maid .to come only once a week.....Agathiyan had put a complete full stop to anybody...disturbing me of any sort...."

"My health is bad, But it doesn't bother me anymore. I AM FULLY PREPARED ..HE PREPARED ME. I returned home by about midnite after my reading. The two herbal powders that Dad had mentioned in my reading for external application..(it is just unbearable, itch and pain)., are not available anywhere in Chennai. As it is dad's job to give me those herbals...as HE had mentioned a couple of times, except HIM and the Siddhas, none can cure me. Even in the last reading, HE had said so....as what me having is not a disease...and that the docs cannot identify the starting point of the problem. The next day, a courier lands up at my doorstep with a slightly big transparent package/packet. Inside that, there were two transparent packets, one labeled That special Triphala powder and the other labeled Kuppameni powder. I asked the courier guy where this package was deposited. He replied .. AGASTHIYAR PHARMACY, took my signature and just left. In fact, I wanted to ask him, where this pharmacy was, etc......but was not given the time or the chance to ask...Both the packets that contained the herbal powders and were kept inside the big packet, had pics of Dad stuck to them. The same dad whom I first laid my eyes on in July 2011 on Sadhguru Venkatraman's site.....THAT POWERFUL PULLING FORCE, WHICH DRAGGED ME ALL THE WAY TO INDIA IN 2011. None can guess " the name of the game......"

She brings me some relief by revealing the following. As Agathiyar told me in 2022 that the energy had ponded at the Manipuraka after the Muladhara was awakened in 2007, and he had the bunds broken and I saw the swirling of the energy just below my navel and which hastily made its way to the Sahasrara in just days, swirling now in the crown of my head, just as it is now as I am penning this words, Jnana Jothiamma wrote,

"Manipura Chakra...is the most important chakra for a human...anybody for that matter...coz it is there many great yogis saints get stuck...Once anyone is able to get past that......enlightenment is gained."

I tend to question myself these days if there was a purpose in delaying my journey. I had been a devotee of the entire pantheon of Gods since young thanks to my parents. Leaving home and taking up a career at 20, I used to conduct puja at dawn and dusk for 8 years. Lord Siva then comes into my dream and has me pull the break. This break was a long one - some 14 years. After the lapse of 14 years, I am back chanting mantras in 2001 and conducting Siddha puja in 2002. When I met Tavayogi in Malaysia in 2005, he passed a remark that surprised me. He told me that we should have met on my maiden trip to India in 2003. During that year I met my first guru Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai instead.  I was officially introduced to Yoga by Tavayogi in 2007 after practicing them on my own from books. The Muladhara chakra that was activated shortly after I picked up the practice from Tavayogi made its way up only to "get stuck" as Jnana Jothiamma and Agathiyar mentioned in Manipuraka. It was only in 2022 that Agathiyar helped break the bund and release it. Now I am way past my sixtieth birthday. Will I still qualify to see the transformation take place fully? Only the Siddhas can tell and the clock is ticking.