Saturday 5 August 2023

FULFILLING ONE'S DUTY

Speaking to Mahindren about this evening's development, we came to realize that there was indeed the need for a guru in the physical form. Mahindren referred to the single journey that Tavayogi took me on into the jungles and to the caves where he had trekked and stayed during the days of his search. In doing so I was spared the years that he spent doing it. I was given his Gnana gained all those years in a single day. Now I understand why Tavayogi told me with surprise that we had come this far with ease while he had to struggle. He had passed on his merits to us. 

Similarly, Supramania Swami who had carried out his tavam for some 40 years in stating that he cannot possibly bring the merits of his years of tavam with him and had to leave it behind, hence in giving me the merits of his tavam had skyrocketed me making it easy on me.

It is quite similar to a student getting credit transfers and credit hour exemptions on certain papers as in moving from a diploma to a bachelor's. My am I glad I met my gurus in the physical form. 

When I told Agathiyar that since I had nothing to do as he had stopped our routine of doing puja and charity in 2019 I wanted to call it a day. He asked me to lay off the thought as he has a certain task coming my way. Later he tells me that I had gained sufficient soul power or Atma Balam to take on the role of a guru. Much later on he sends some new seekers as students telling me that he had fulfilled my desire and also joked that since I could not remain quiet he gave me a new job.

So it looks like I have to reconsider my earlier plea to Agathiyar in the last post, "But how can one ignorant and in the dark like me bring others to light? It would be like the blind leading the blind. I shall have to turn down their offer to the post of a guru. As a seeker is about to arrive at AVM in an hour's time at 4pm Saturday for her initiation into the path as instructed by Agathiyar that she seek initiation from me in her latest Nadi reading, I shall have to back off."

I guess just like Agathiyar sent the many youngsters to AVM in 2013 after their Nadi readings to watch and participate in the Pournami Puja, I shall be passing on to others whatever little I learned from my gurus on the path. This I guess would fulfill the 4th tenet that Agathiyar spoke of that of "dutifully aiding and helping, the ongoing evolution of all co-existing human beings." The Gnani would go further fulfilling the 5th tenet of assisting in the "ongoing evolution of all co-existing beings and entities, existing upon the lower levels of the evolutionary ladder, dutifully supporting the manifested matrix or prapanjam." 

As the guru only exist as long as the students are around if they do not stay long enough it means that Agathiyar has listened to my plea just as he had listened to Jnana Jothiamma and changed her course of life bringing it to an abrupt end.