Sunday 10 September 2023

AVM AGATHIYAR AT HIS NEW HOME

Mahindren asked me what I did during the break which turned out to be 14 years long, that I was asked to take by Lord Siva in a dream? I replied that I got married during that period and started a family. It was some 10 years later that I brought my wife daily to witness the prayers held over a period of 48 days in the newly constructed temple for Lord Murugan in a housing scheme some distance away from ours. I guess this is what Agathiyar meant that my second daughter brought me to the path of the Siddhas as my wife was carrying her then. Agathiyar also revealed that it was her wish for all of us to be born again - together as a family. When I and anyone who desires to have his Nadi read needs to give their thumbprint to enable the Nadi readers to locate the Nadi my wife was not called to go through this process. Agathiyar chose to reveal her Nadi when I went for my regular Aasi Nadi readings. He made an exception in her case. When I had to settle the past scores that came to haunt me as obstacles to even the good things I deserved in life and stood as hindrances in gaining the benefits of my religious, spiritual, and yogic practices, my elder daughter and wife both came with a clean slate. My second daughter like me had a long list too. When I spoke to Tavayogi over the phone about the list he immediately told me it was not necessary. This stunned me and I stood confused for a moment as I asked myself who was I to follow, Agathiyar in the Nadi or Tavayogi, my guru in physical form. Sensing this and the silence, he told me to go ahead if it would make me happy. I listened to him and we never carried out the remedies. If I had decided to go ahead I would have disrespected the words of my immediate guru. Tavayogi who refrained from interfering or messing with others' karma, surprisingly chose to take up her karma. Until this day Agathiyar never questioned nor brought up this subject. 

After some 20 years of worship to Agathiyar and the Siddhas, Agathiyar in revealing his many forms finally showing us that he was the Prapanjam has given me another break. I sit around practically doing nothing these days. 

Mahindren too has been asked to take a break and attend to his family and career for the moment. He messaged me several days ago.

"Appa asked me to hold everything and focus on family and I’m doing that now. About the future, I don’t know. Even though I knew Appa guiding me through still I feel emptiness when not doing anything like last time (fully on his purpose). Today I continued to watch the Hindi movie “Oh My God”. He gave me the answer Anna. Appa already makes us realize he is everything then why should we hold on to something instead of looking at everything as him. Now I realize Appa left AVM because Anna & Aunty already reached that level to see Appa in everything so it’s no point holding his statue."

I saw the movie too after he mentioned it. It gives us much food for thought though it brushes on many sensitive but pretty much relevant subjects that might cause uneasiness among some sectors and to some quarters. The lead character is an atheist but holds the opinion that God cannot be confined to temples, idols, images, and rituals but is in all of existence. When God takes a particular form and saves him and shows his form, leaving behind an ornament, he picks it up for keeps. God tells him that since he was in all of Prapanjam why the need for that piece of reminder. He throws it away. Just like a seeker needs a guru and the guru needs seekers, followers, and disciples, here we are told that "Just as a devotee is incomplete without his God, likewise God is incomplete without his true devotee."

And so we paid a visit to Agathiyar at his new home last evening. As he was in tapas he came to bless us in silence and shortly after Goddess Samayapuram came to do the same in silence too. There was no exchange of words nor a conversation or a question and answer session. Just as after standing by us in all the puja and charity, activities and events we carried out earlier at AVM he had us drop the role and the tasks and take on another as we progressed and eventually had us just sit, he too followed suit and came before us in the many forms that were appropriate at that juncture in time. Now he sits there as the silent guru or Mauna Guru.