Friday 1 September 2023

TO BELIEF OR NOT TO BELIEF

Savithri the wife of Pandey in the movie "Mohalla Assi" consoles him in his darkest moments as he regrets his in ability to fight inflation and the rising prices and his inaction in letting poverty take the upper hand. She tells him "I never read the Ramcharitra Manas for attaining something in return. The Ramcharitra Manas gives me the strength to fight. That's why I keep reading it. I never prayed to Lord Ram to protect me from sorrows and problems, but yes, I always prayed to give us the strength to fight. Just watch dear, we will fight against this problem as well."

She echoes the words of Tavayogi. Tavayogi too told us that we should not pray to have our problems and sufferings go away but to give us the strength to fight and overcome them. He often tells us to leave it to Agathiyar to take care. The Siddhas give us the strength to stand upright in the face of misery. They also teach us to stand our ground. In all my four trips to India, I only covered a small part of Tamilnadu, first in 2003 to carry out remedies at temples that Agathiyar listed in my Nadi reading: then in 2005 to Kallar ashram, and places that Tavayogi took me, a diversion from the famed temples that had become tourist spots to the deeper regions of Tamilnadu into its jungles and caves: in 2013 to more places that Tavayogi took me and my family; and in 2016 to attend the Kumbhabhisegam of his new ashram besides visiting other temples en route with the AVM family. When I refused to budge and move even after Agathiyar invited me to more places in the years that followed, to meet other gurus and get their blessings, promising me treasures and gifts in the places I was told to visit, solely for the reason that I had him and Tavayogi, he refrained from speaking about these further. I asked him to bring me the wonders, gifts, and blessings that he mentioned would be mine in coming over to these places, within my humble home and the tiny puja room instead. He did just that. He brought the Siddhas with him. He brought Ramalinga Adigal with him. He brought the Gods with him. In fact, Lord Siva told us that the reason he was because Agathiyar was here. Though I had never been to North India, the most compassionate father brought the holy Ganga and drenched me in its holy waters. If Agathiyar brought the Ganga down, Ramalinga Adigal brings the Prapanjam down. 

Could a bronze statue gain weight after libation or the ceremonial bath? Could a granite statue and a bronze statue open its eyes? Could the Siddhas come through devotees and speak like the village deities? Do they dine with us? Do they occupy our homes to take a rest or meditate? Is it possible for portals to exist in temples and holy spots? Is it possible to create these in our homes? How do we answer all these and more questions? How could all these be possible? Am I cooking up stories? Is it my hallucination as a Medical Officer asked me? When Brian Cox in BBC Earth's "Adventures in Space and Time (S1)" tells us that "Voyager 1 is so far away that it takes the signal around 15 hours to arrive traveling at the speed of light", these Siddhas interact in real time! It can only mean that contrary to the common belief that they are on a distant planet or space or dimension, they are very much close by.

When the whole world was engrossed in watching and following the state of the moon the past few days as it generated hype on social media, I asked myself when was the last time these people saw the moon or stars or even the sun? When was the last time they looked at the sky and the clouds? It needs a "miracle" or an unusual phenomenon to create and bring attention to it. 

The bedrock of all these miracles is belief, faith, and devotion. First, we need to believe in it and to allow acceptance of the unseen and mystical to take a foothold. Then we need to have faith that these miracles are possible. Next with intense devotion, Prapanjam accommodates our wants and shows miracles. If the guru comes to sow the belief in us, the efforts and practice we place strengthen the faith. With devotion comes their grace that turns the table around. Miracles then shower. This blog is full of stories of miracles. Go ahead and read them to be convinced.