Friday 15 September 2023

COMING ONE FULL CIRCLE

The mountain is back to being a mountain. The journey is ending where it started. We have come one full circle. Ramalinga Adigal has asked me to call for a Satsang tomorrow telling me that "It all started at AVM. Let it end at AVM." 

My granddaughter had asked her mother where did God come from and who was the first God? Today I sat with her trying to explain this concept that Tavayogi put through in his book "Andamum Pindamum" about the origin of the sound Pranavam OM or AUM. From the first sound "A" that expanded to "U" and ends in "M" all of creation began as a result of this very first vibration in that space Vetta Vezhi or Suniyam or as Agathiyar termed this emptiness or void as Verumai or Nothingness days ago. From this Pranava mantra AUM all other mantras came forth and took the forms we know today. Asking my granddaughter if she understood she replied that she did not. Then I told her that was why man made gods in his image. Reading out her favourite hymn Kandhar Sasthi Kavasam I went through the lines detailing and describing Lord Murugan. I told her God was simplified for us so that we would understand the concept initially and move on to discover the truth later as we mature spiritually. When his subjects could not understand the concept of Arutperunjothi, Ramalinga Adigal gave them the oil lamp he had used to lighten up his room to worship believing that it would be a good start. Then we spoke about birth and how she came about. Then we spoke about death. Eventually, I told her that the breath was God, just as Tavayogi had told me. We are alive because of the breath traveling in and out. When the breath that comes in leaves again and never returns to the body that is death. When the breath that comes in comes to stay and never leaves the body that is Samadhi. I had a glimpse of that where the breath was in me and I was covered in earth. I was fully aware and had no fear as I knew the breath was within and I was alive. 

Having us start worshiping the Siddhas and later bringing us to carry out rituals Agathiyar brought an end to it. Having us carry out Yoga practices he had us end that too. Having us engage in charity he brought that to a halt too. He had us stay aloof and later let go of all our dependence, attachments, and responsibilities by keeping us indoors. Coming to us through devotees he had us engage and connect with the Prapanjam. He has us sit in that space of Verumai or Nothingness telling us that all else was Mayai or an illusion.

Today he has us zip up too, at least once a week for a start. As Tavayogi used to say he could not imagine what else Agathiyar had in store for him, I too am in that spot. As for now, he has brought us to the teachings of Bhagawan Ramana that is beautifully captured in the songs of Sadhu Om.

https://www.youtube.com/@SADHUOMCHANNEL/videos