Monday 4 September 2023

THE PRAPANJAM HEALS

In the movie "Penguin Bloom" a child does a simple permutation and calculation and questions the odds of her mother falling off a building and becoming paralyzed from the hip down while on vacation in Thailand. The children wanted to go to Disneyland but the parents decided otherwise. Noah hates herself for bringing her mother upstairs to show her something. "Over 20 million people holiday in Thailand every year. That's 20 million other people this could have happened to. That 40 million other hands that could have touched that fence. A fence that was 15 years old. 5475 other days it could have broken. But it waited for Mum."

So did my daughter ask me "Why me, dad?" when a car hit her while riding a pillion while in college. How would I explain? How would I explain when my other daughter was found to have retina detachment? Why her? My wife has had her fair share of undergoing pain and surgery. How do I explain? If it was someone else I guess they would have left the faith, left the path. But my wife and children were strong. They never lost their faith in Agathiyar. Tavayogi told us never to ask for problems and troubles to go away. Instead, ask to be given the strength to face them. We know that the worst could have happened but Agathiyar had cushioned it. My daughter could walk after 9 months without having any operation to mend her fractured leg. The other daughter was attended to by the doctors immediately and her eyesight was saved. My wife survives without a gallbladder. 

The Divine does answer our prayers. When I was suffering from lower back pain for some three years I came to know only much later that the Muladhara was activated and its dormant energy awakened from its deep sleep as a result of the Yogic practice that Tavayogi gave which I diligently practiced, Dr. Krishnan a Siddha practitioner ruled out kidney problems and stones, but asked me to go for an X-ray to ensure it was not a slipped disk. The doctors gave me a clean bill of health though they did ask me to undergo physiotherapy twice a week which brought much relief. It was torture getting out of bed to go to work as my whole body ached. And to think that a normal practice of clearing my throat while in the bath upon awakening triggered the pull in my lower back right down to the toes in my right leg that day. Asking Agathiyar in the Nadi, he explained, that which we failed to see. It was rather subtle in nature. He prescribed several herbs. Dr.Jana, Shanga, Master Arunan, Master Uva, and Balamurugan came to my aid administering their skills. One day the physiotherapist asked me to do the 5 exercises that she had me do at home, before her. Just as I got into position the pain left bringing on a loud cry of joy and instant relief. It was as if a knot was opened. When the pain struck again 6 years later in 2018, as a sneeze came on while crossing a street, Lord Muruga came simultaneously in the Nadi and through a devotee to heal my back. If initially, I did not know if my problems arose because of some medical problems, my age, or the transformation going on in me, later I braced myself and understood that all these were part of the process of undergoing subtle internal transformation. I began to take things in my stride though at times the thought of seeking some relief crops up in my mind. And so just sometime back when a friend came over to my home before heading to the home of an Indonesian known to give body massages for ailments for his second treatment, it did occur to me if I should follow him for a massage too. When a Siddha practitioner told me the next time I was going for a mountain hike to stop by so that he could massage and prepare my limbs for the hike, it did occur to me if I should take up the offer. But as Dr.Krishnan looking through my horoscope had mentioned to me to never "give" my body to others, and Agathiyar came some time back and said not to have anyone touch my head, I held back the thought. But as we were handed over to Prapanjam by Agathiyar, she came in an unexpected way, coming within a devotee and gently ran her fingers over me and fulfilled this wish. A rush of energy came into my head and filled my upper torso with a wonderful sensation that reverberated in the soul. It was literally uplifting as I could not stay on my feet. 

The divine is listening to us. It sends out its emissaries, guardian angels, deities, and Gods to attend to our needs in the most trying times. It is just that we do not see nor want to acknowledge their presence and their work. How does it listen? Does it have a face and other features just like us? No. It is its creation that gives it feedback and it works miracles through its creations too.