Sunday 3 September 2023

SITTING STILL, WAITING PATIENTLY

As we stepped out of the hotel in Trichy to go on our next phase of tours to the caves and jungles of the Pothigai mountain ranch in 2005, after visiting Agasthiyampalli on the coastline a day earlier, Tavayogi told me "Only now the true journey begins my son!" In writing about our walks together, if my intention was to pay back for the courtesy, love and care, guidance, and hope Tavayogi had in me, it also paved the way for many to get in touch with me including the Siddhas and the deities. My home became the residence of the Siddhas and deities. He sent many after their Nadi reading to my home to watch and participate in the pujas my family and I did. He brought us to engage in charity too. He then brought it all to a halt as all good things have to end too. I was freed. He made sure I was not known except to a few. 

If initially, I had to depend on another to read the Nadi to hear Agathiyar speak, in coming through me he began to speak to others and occasionally have a message for me too that is relayed to me later by those gathered. Soon he came through other devotees telling me that he would perform games of Siddhis or Siddhu Vilayaathu through them henceforth and speak words of wisdom through me. Then he told me later that he would not come through me anymore. I was freed. 

Asking us to go within by watching our breath he kept us in isolation and solitude. When I asked him what was I to do, he answered "Do nothing" implying that the breath or Vaasi would do its work. 

It was sometime last year that he asked that I share the transformations and inner experiences that I was beginning to have rather than sing his praise in this blog. He added, "It shall let others keen to see the light know what they have to go through." When he released a flood of energies that paralyzed me from my head down for some moments and he came to explain what had taken place later through a devotee, I asked him what was I to do. Agathiyar replied, "Do Nothing". "IT" will do its work. 

The next time he told me to do nothing was when he elevated me to the role of a guru, telling me that the time was right as I had gained Atma Balam or Soul Power. When I asked him what was I to do since now he had given me a huge responsibility, he replied "Do nothing", pointing me to Tavayogi, and asking me what did he do? He asked me to emulate Tavayogi.  As I could never sit doing nothing he sent several new seekers and asked me to take them in telling me that I was to be their guru. 

Then he freed me of the task of looking after his bronze statue by moving into the home of another devotee not before he brought down the Prapanjam as he had promised. Today his room is empty except for an oil lamp. There is no chanting of mantra, recitation of the names of Siddhas, singing songs of praise to the Siddhas, no Bhajans, no Satsangs, no gatherings, and no celebrations. He had relieved me from all the duties that he gave me. He had released me of all these only to free me. 

Knowing Agathiyar, rather than preparing me or having me forwarned or ready and prepared for new tasks or the job, he always gives me the task and job and asks me to fit into it. Although I stated to him that I was not keen to take it up, just as I had rejected several other askings and offers and gifts in the past too, I guess he did this just to have me while my time while waiting for the right time to reveal my purpose here. He has something up his sleeves. I believe that Agathiyar will reveal my new tasks in good time. 

"Just as Mother Teresa had an initial calling and a calling within a calling later asking her to serve "the hungry, naked, the homeless, the crippled, the blind, the lepers, and all those who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared for, and a throwaway of society", I believe another journey within a journey is ready to take off for me too.