Tuesday 7 November 2023

GNANAM REVISITED

The first mention of Agathiyar, the Siddhas, and the Nadi was by Dr.Krishnan an astrologer friend and Siddha practitioner in 1996. I walked in for a Nadi reading in 2002. When my guru Supramania Swami and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal walked into my life in 2003 and 2005 respectively my life changed for the better. Walking with the former until his demise in 2007 and the latter until his demise in 2018, I walked straight into the hands and care of Agathiyar henceforth. Even Lord Murugan sent me to Agathiyar for guidance and blessings. So how do I repay his kindness? By being his obedient servant. 

When Agathiyar came around asking what the handful of us who sat around him wanted, he turned to me. I had no needs but as he waited on me and my answer I winded up my brain and came up with an answer. I asked that I take many more births and serve him as I am doing now. When he asked me if that was what I wanted I knew something was wrong for whenever I asked of Tavayogi he too would reply by asking if that was what I wanted telling me subtly that it was not what is to be desired. When Tavayogi stepped on our soil for the first time, he observed that we were all a temple-going crowd. He told us that we should leave the Bakthi Marga and reach out to Gnana Marga. Listening to him mention this often, I called Mahin over the phone and told him maybe I should have asked for Gnanam. In a subsequent visit, Agathiyar surprised me by telling me that I had asked for Gnanam. But sadly he said that it was not gifted but I had to work towards it. Agathiyar says of Gnanam, "Gnanam is not gifted but has to be earned and experienced. When one goes within, as the journey brings upon subtle experiences these shall translate into and become Gnanam."

நீ என்னிடம் கேட்டது ஞானம். ஞானம் என்பது நான் தருவதல்ல. நீ கற்பது. ஒருவன் தனக்குள் உள்வாங்கி அவனுள் பயணம் துவங்கும் நேரம் அப்பயணம் தரும் பாதிப்பே ஞானம்.

Lord Murugan came last evening as Mahindren and I tried to figure out the many unprecedented events that took place the past three days after Mataji arrived at AVM. As I always knew that there was always a teaching for me just as there was a lesson for the other each time, I called Mahin over to discuss it. Lord Murugan surprised us by revealing his report of the evaluation and assessment he did. He clarified and made us understand that all was his Leela or play and doing, so that we experience and learn further. It was all beautifully staged. His intent was to make us aware of the meaning, nature, and qualities that one needs to even attempt to reach out to the state of Gnanam. He then asked that I share it with readers which I did in a previous post.

He took us as his companions sharing Agathiyar's sadness at seeing many drop out of the path or not practicing the methods to attain the said state that Agathiyar personally shared with them. I guess we share the same sadness. Having seen the results that it brought into my life daily, I was pretty much angry that many dropped out from this fantastic path. If Tavayogi consoled me by saying that many souls come to live out their dreams, passion, and desires and Prapanjam came to console me further asking me to be at peace with myself and saying she shall take care of matters, Lord Murugan explained that the Siddha path was not for all. He said that in whom the soul awakens, it shall help him recall his past ventures and bring forth his previous birth experiences. He comes in search of the Siddhas. The Siddha shall usher him and care for him.

ஆன்மாவைத் தேடுபவனுக்கு அவன் மேற்கொள்ளும் அனுபவங்கள் எல்லாம் ஆன்மாவோடு பதிந்து  விடும். மீண்டும் மறுபிறவி எடுப்பானாயின் ஒரு பொழுது அவனுக்கு அந்த ஆன்ம அவனுடைய முன் ஜென்ம அனுபவங்களை அவனுக்குத் தூண்டிவிடும். தீண்டல் பெற்றவன் சித்தனை நாடி வந்து விடுவான். 

If Lord Murugan said that the Siddha keeps us under his watchful eyes but will never interfere சித்தனும் உங்களைக் கவனித்து வருவார்கள் and does not expedite the action or accelerate the process, சித்தர்கள் எவரையும் துரிதப்படுத்த மாட்டார்கள், in very rare cases, this journey is sometimes hastened by the divine hand of the guru if there is an urgency and need for it. I saw that in many moments of my life.

Gnanam is the fruit of the guru's experience that the student partakes. What we consider as works of Gnanam or wisdom are in actual fact experiences of our saints. All the Anubhuthis, the Tiruarutpa, the Thevaram, and the Siddha songs are experiences of highly evolved souls that become Gnanam for us who would choose to venture on the path. The Siddha path is a path of learning. When well traveled it becomes Gnana for a new traveler. Hence the reason why the well-traveled Tavayogi rather than preach to me on the Siddhas and their world, took me along on a journey of discovery, exposing me to his travels and the paths he walked upon, taking me to their abodes, Samadhis, and caves, getting me to experience miracles, getting me their Darshan, and creating opportunities to gain Gnanam from the journey, returning wiser and fuller. Summarized in a statement, the fruit of one's efforts toward spiritual attainment is Gnanam.