Sunday 12 November 2023

THANK YOU, DOC,.

When the class teacher asks his students to identify the rock he held in his hand in the movie "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story", the young Benjamin answers that it was an Obsidian and goes on to explain how it was made. The teacher asks him to see him after class. Benjamin figures that he had done something wrong and apologizes. 

So did Agathiyar coming through a devotee last weekend call up each one of us, me, my wife and daughter, and asked us what we knew about Gnanam. I was lucky that he had briefly mentioned it to me on his earlier visit some time back. I was lucky that I had listened attentively and remembered. Now I could repeat it to him though it was a pretty lenghty answer. Hearing me out patiently, he said that "Look all the experiences you had has made you speak so much!" "உன் அனுபவம் உன்னை இவ்வளவு பேச வைக்கிறது." I was stunned and did not know if it was a compliment or if I had done something wrong. But he told me that he was pleased.

When the young Benjamin prays that the Good Lord take his temper away from him, it reminded me of my late mother telling Agathiyar in her prayers to take my temper away too. God listens for Agathiyar called me over for an Aasi reading and gave me a piece of his mind. He spoke about anger management for an hour and immediately tested me after the reading by creating the right situation to provoke my anger. I failed miserably in his test.

Some time back my wife complained about my anger to him too. He asked me as I stood some distance away to bring him his Vaasikol or wooden staff that the Siddhas use to correct the flow of their breath and warned me that the next time I threw a tantrum he would use it on me. 

When Benjamin gets to the Johns Hopkins hospital he is interviewed and asked why he should be accepted as one of two candidates accepted for Neurosurgery Residency among 125 applicants. He is finally asked why he decided to become a brain doctor.

Benjamin is silent and speechless for several moments before he speaks.

"The brain. It is a miracle. Do you believe in miracles? Not a lot of doctors do. There is not a lot of faith among physicians. You study reports, cut open bodies. It is all very tangible, solid. But the fact is, there is still so many things we just can't explain. I believe we are all capable of performing miracles... up here" and he points to his brain. "I believe we are all blessed with astonishing gifts and skills. This is the channel, the source, the inspiration for unbelievable accomplishments" and saying thus he points to his brain again. 

When he is about to perform a separation on a Rausch twins, he updates the parents on the procedure. He tells them that his team has only an hour. 

"Which is why we have rehearsed and rehearsed and why we need to pray."

The parents are surprised and asks, "You pray, Doctor?" He answers, "Every day."

Hs mother often tells him "You don't need the book. You got it inside you." That is Gnanam tapping from the Akash all that we need to know down here on this earth.

My family regards doctors and nurses as God in the flesh. We have had our fair share of consulting them. They had tried their very best to help us and they sure did. We take this moment to thank them all.