Saturday 22 July 2023

COMING FOR THAT EXPERIENCE

I just bought Neale Donald Walsch's book "The Wisdom of the Universe" and am reading through it. I have made extensive reference to his earlier books in the series "Conversation with God (CWG)" including Book 4, "Awaken the Species"  and his children's parable titled "The Little Soul and the Sun", adapted from his book 1 in the series, in this blog because we could relate these conversations Neale had with those that we had with Agathiyar. "The Wisdom of the Universe" caught my eye for now we have begun to know the Pranajam too or what is commonly translated as the Universe. What a timely read I should say. 

The answer to the very first question itself "How do I know God is communicating with me?" reminds me of what Agathiyar told us too. "I talk to everyone. All the time. The question is not to whom do I talk, but who listens?" We are all receiving God's message directly says Neale. Indeed Agathiyar too told me that he was talking to me always but sadly I was not aware most of the time. 

Neale's two words, "Watch and Listen" have been mentioned numerous times and on numerous occasions to us too. Neale lists some of the ways to become aware of God's devices that connect us to him. Indeed this list has had an impact on me too these days. The words in a song, the info in an article, the story in a movie, and the chance utterance of a person all might be God's way of opening us up and opening us to him. We only need to invite him and not pour out our grievances but just listen to him talk. That is what a handful of us do each time Agathiyar comes before us through any devotee. 

I have noticed that most of the time Agathiyar too is silent unless there is a need to say something important. He does not dwell on the daily issues that shout out for our attention. He only addresses them if there is an immediate need. At times he comes around asking us if all was well. When we voice out the issue that was bothering us he gives us a solution or some words of courage and solace. 

Neale tells us that God speaks to us through thoughts, feelings, experiences, and words and he comes as the voice within which is exactly what Agathiyar told us too. Again we see his words reflected in the book that there is no right and no wrong.

Describing the process Neale says that the mind provides the space for thought to appear and creation to happen which subsequently becomes the word and becomes an action and a deed. Hence he asks us to know and create from our Highest Thoughts. Bharathi amplifies this statement beautifully in his song "Ninnai Charan Adainthen Kannama". He wrote, "தன்செய லெண்ணித் தவிப்பது தீர்ந்திங்கு நின்செயல் செய்து நிறைவு பெறும்வண்ணம்", that translates as in doing his hearts desire, he only met frustration and became agitated that his endeavors kept failing. But when he surrendered to the Almighty and did his asking instead, he regained peace and utmost satisfaction.

The problem with us is that we keep speaking and vomiting out all that we have consumed with the aid of the senses. If only we could stop these and give him a chance to speak in the silence of the moment. It is when I sit to attempt to meditate that he gives me the subject and starts me off with some words. How can I remain sitting then? I head for my laptop and start typing whatever comes within lest I forget them. He gives me the words and the sentences too that make me sit up and wonder in amazement. I have read these posts numerous times too for they are news to me too. 

Neale says it wonderfully that in the Absolute only knowing exists but no experience. Hence we understand why we are told often that the purpose we, and to our surprise the Gods too, take birth as humans is to have the experience. The Little Soul in Neale's parable "The Little Soul and the Sun" too knows that he is light but wants to experience it. As in the world of the absolute only knowing is but there is no experience, the soul comes down to earth to experience itself as Light. "The Little Soul knew itself to be the Light but it wanted to experience itself as Light." 

God tells Neale that life is "the gift, the unspeakable treasure, the holy of holies." And Neale writes that "God is that life, and all the stuff that life is." That is what all the saints have told us too. We are told that the gods too came to earth to experience and learn from these experiences just as what we are here for too. It is said that Ramalinga Adigal built the Satya Gnana Sabai so that the heavenly beings could come to learn as ordained by God, but though the building was up the intent did not materialize. 

We learn from "The Wisdom of the Universe" that for us to experience something, the exact opposite is created. Thus we find ourselves living with a spouse who is the exact opposite or forced to live in a condition that we despise. Though we cannot change much of what is already there and inherent in another, rejoice that you are different or rather in Neale's words "that which we Really Are".

In telling Agathiyar that I would want to "make him famous" he questions me how can one bring fame to the very vibration inherent in all. Agathiyar tells us that he is the very vibration prevailing in all things and everywhere. When he came around to me after asking those gathered what they wanted, after several moments of silence and contemplation as he was waiting for me to answer, I told him that I wanted to be of service to him in all the births I took henceforth. He questioned me if that was what I wanted signaling to me that that was not what was to be sought. Fame and service to him are not what he seeks. When Neale shared a wonderful piece where God sends out the signal, "If God did need anything, he tells us, that would make us Children of a Lesser God", I remember Agathiyar telling us to walk tall and with pride that we are his children. 

When Neale says that God has desires but not needs, I fully understand why Agathiyar, Lord Murugan, Subramania Swami, and Tavayogi all had desires too. They desired just as God told Neale that others come "to know and experience Who You Really Are, through the power I have given you to create and experience yourself in whatever way you choose." 

When God tells Neale "Hear me, everywhere" that is the voice of the Prapanjam.