Sunday 9 July 2023

FROM FORM TO FORMLESS

In a spate of some 21 years Agathiyar who came to us as the voice behind the Nadi, as the speech behind the devotee, as the light in the eyes of his bronze statue, as the holy water of his libation, today after sending his statue away to grace another devotee's home, stands formless at AVM as the Prapanjam. At the same time, he has brought us a long way in our understanding and acceptance of this fact. It is indeed an amazing journey. Now I understand why Tavayogi told me, "Only now our true journey begins my son", "இனித்தான் நமது உண்மையான பயணம் துவங்குகிறது மகனே" as we stepped out of the hotel in Trichy to make our way to the Western Ghats. It all makes sense now. All the senses came into play on that journey of discovery. When Agathiyar took charge after I heeded his call to worship the Siddhas in his Nadi, the journey on the path trod by the Siddhas began. He came as the voice in the Nadi. When Tavayogi initiated me and several others with Agathiyar's mantra having us say it loudly, he was making the connection to Agathiyar. He came as the vibration in the mantra. When Agathiyar took charge after I heeded his call to get initiated again the same night of my second Nadi reading, Tavayogi made the connection through his touch. He came as the touch. When Tavayogi pointed to the skies above us as we walked towards the caves in Uthiyur, he told me the Siddhas were welcoming us by showering flower petals on us. He pointed out to me the aroma of sandalwood in the air. Agathiyar came as the wind and breeze and aroma in the air. He was trying to connect me with Prapanjam. Only one who has been there can show us the way and means. Before I left his Kallar ashram for Malaysia, he initiated me again pointing out to me to become aware of my breath. He had me touch my breath now. Two years later he gives us breathing and Asana practice that made way for the Prana to come within in huge doses that awakened the sleeping serpent. Three years on Agathiyar comes as the bronze statue. Three years later he opens his eyes in this statue just as he did at Agasthiyampalli and Papanasam on my journey with Tavayogi. He shows us that he can indeed manifest as stone and metal too. Now as he had me send away his statue he stays as the Prapanjam waiting to hug all those who come by. If initially, Agathiyar triggered the hidden vasanas and seeds of karma and gave solutions and healed those who came by AVM, now he is showering joy and bliss on them. 

Ramalinga Adigal who surprised us by calling AVM "Gnana Peedham" says he will address devotees henceforth. We look forward to that moment with eagerness.