Saturday 1 July 2023

PAYING HOMAGE TO THE GURU

The student has to be patient and adhere to the master's teachings for some 12 years before the guru can promote him. Similarly, the guru leaves us or sends us off to continue and carry on his work after 12 years of tutelage under him. It took 12 years for Tavayogi to acknowledge me as his student. Similarly, he left us after 12 years of me coming under his tutelage. When I was over in Kallar ashram in 2005 for the very first time, Tavayogi invited me for his usual morning walk, the morning after my arrival. As we took a stroll through the neighboring village, he told me that Agathiyar had come the night before. That surprised me because he had never spoken about communicating with Agathiyar when he was in Malaysia. I asked him how he came. He replied in the form of light. He continued that Agathiyar had asked him what he was going to give me. When Tavayogi asked him back what he should give me, Agathiyar replied that he will let him know later. I do not know what transpired after that between them. Neither did I enquire further about the subject. But one thing I know is that besides Tavayogi showing me the rituals, asanas, and pranayama, I came to receive the biggest gift that one could ever receive. Tavayogi showed me to Agathiyar. After giving ourselves in total to him, I guess his statue was of little use to us now and he has moved on to the home of another devotee. Agathiyar who came to stay with us in the form of the bronze statue at AVM in 2010, left for Sri Krishna's home last evening, after 12 years. If originally, he had intended to move to Mahindren's home, he changed his mind at the eleventh hour, just as he, who was to go to the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Swamigal Miruthiga Brindavanam Ipoh, had stayed put in my home back then. Who can comprehend the ways of the Siddhas? Libation was carried out to Agathiyar by the Krishna family at their residence Pothihai Tharma Chakkram. He is in good hands.




As today is Guru Purnima, I pay my homage and gratitude to Agathiyar, Supramania Swami, and Tavayogi for looking after me and my family and friends, for nurturing us well, and all the other Upagurus who came by and guided us.