Monday 10 July 2023

GETTING TO KNOW THE LOVE OF OUR LIVES

We have got it all wrong we came to realize as Mahindren and I discussed this journey of ours just moments ago. For instance, we are literally worshipping the sandals or Paatham that are placed at our altars as an object of veneration. Instead, we should ask that "May we too gain the experience that they had in each step they took." I took Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar's prayer that I read in a book of his as mine and asked for a guru to take me along on this journey when I started on the path with only his discourses and books to guide me back then in 2003. The appeal went as follows,

அகத்தீசா உனது சீடர்களாகிய ஒன்பது கோடி பேரும் என்னை சூழ்ந்திருந்து நான் விரும்பியதெல்லாம் முடித்து வைப்பதோடு மட்டுமல்லாது உன்னுடைய மலையாகிய பொதிகைக்கு என்னை அழைத்துவர என்னை சீடனாக நீ ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். நான் உய்வதற்கு அருள் புரிய வேண்டும். உனது அருள் பூரணமாக பெற்றல் வேண்டும். 

This prayer I believe brought Tavayogi and me together. Tavayogi volunteered to take me to all the sacred abodes of the Siddhas. 

If Agathiyar has finally brought me to witness the workings of the Prapanjam after 21 years, Tavayogi had already introduced her to me in our walkings with him through the jungles and staying in the caves back then when I arrived at his Kallar Ashram the first time in 2005. After the usual greetings and a briefing of what an ashram life was like with the minimum of amenities and facilities, he asked me where should we go the next day. He gave me a choice of visiting some gurus in Ooty or visiting the caves in Uthiyur. I chose the latter. That is when he started to point out to the skies on our walk to the caves. He told me the Siddhas were ushering us with flowers. He pointed out to the sandalwood aroma in the air. He was connecting me with the Prapanjam but I did not realize then. Several days later bringing me places that Agathiyar mentioned in my Gnana Kaandam of the Nadi, he led me to several other places of his choice too. He took me to the caves of Kutralam and the lesser-known abodes and temples hidden in the jungles, away from the routine path of the tourist. If I had literally toured India in the comfort of a vehicle on my maiden trip in 2003, now I was practically running behind Tavayogi trying to catch up with him. 

The line "வந்தித்தேன் உந்தன் பாதம் வானமுந் திறந்தாய் போற்றி", from a song in praise of Agathiyar,

ஐயனே போற்றி போற்றி அருள்பெற்ற தேவே போற்றி
மெய்யனே போற்றி போற்றி மெய்சுடர் அணிந்தாய் போற்றி
கையனே போற்றி போற்றி காசினி முனிவா போற்றி
உய்யனே எனையாட் கொண்ட உந்தியில் உதிக்குந்தேவே
உந்தியிலுதிக்குந்தேவே ஒருபொருள் உகந்தாய் போற்றி
சிந்தையில் நினைந்த போதே திருநாட மிட்டாய் போற்றி
வந்தித்தேன் உந்தன் பாதம் வானமுந் திறந்தாய் போற்றி
அந்தித்தேன் குருவே ஐயா அடியினைப் போற்றி போற்றி,

clearly extols the greatness of the worship and praises to the Siddhas, something we have come to realize for ourselves too. Today Agathiyar has opened the gates to heaven and the saintly ones are coming in droves. Today we realize the truth in his words since experience has taught us much. He had been there hence he was telling us, revealing the source of our journey but we had failed to know her then even as the guru pointed out. We needed to start with rituals and worship and engage in yoga before we saw through the veil and saw her majesty. She was all the while with us in this great expanse but it needed the guru to lead us and show her to us after walking the path and stepping into his footsteps, gathering the experiences that he had had before. As the verse goes in the following song, உன் கால் தடம் நானே, என் தாய் நிலம் கண்டேனே, stepping into the imprint of his soles we gather the much-needed experiences of the master and guru that elevates us instantaneously to higher reaches or rungs of the spiritual ladder. 

Just as the water seeps into the ground, we take on the style and character of the master or guru who like a fish swims in the waterbodies that we hold in us. 

தடாகம் தேகம் வாழும்
காணும் மீன்கள் நீ,
நான் மண் சேர்ந்து நீர் போல
உன் சாயல் கொண்டேனே

மனமெங்கும் மாய ஊஞ்சல்
உனதன்பில் ஆட ஆட
மழை பொங்கும் தூய மேகம்
உயிர் உள்ளே சாரல் போட

கோடையும் வாடையும்
பாத்திடா தாவரம்
வரம் நீ தந்தாய்
வான் பூக்குதே
நான் உன் தோளில் கண் சாய
வெண்மீன்கள் பொன் தூவ

காற்றிலே சிறகை நாம் விரித்தால்
துளி ஆகாதோ பூமி
வெளியெல்லாம் காதலால் நிறைத்தால்
அதற்கீடேது சாமி

முத்தம் வைக்கும் வேனீர் காலங்கள்
கட்டி கொள்ளும் ஈர கோலங்கள்
உன் கால் தடம் நானே
என் தாய் நிலம் கண்டேனே
தடாகம் தேகம் வாழும்
காணும் மீன்கள் நீ
நான் மண் சேர்ந்து நீர் போல
உன் சாயல் கொண்டேனே

மரம் ஒரு இசை
மொட்டரும்பு ஒரு இசை
கடல் ஒரு இசை
நம் உடல் ஒரு இசை
நிலவொளி வீசும்
காற்றில் பேசும்
பறவையின் தாய்மை யாழிசை

வெண் சிறகை வீசும்
மூச்சு காற்றிலே
கண் உருக பாடும்
கோடி மூங்கிலே
உன் மொழிகளோடு
தேன் வழிகிறதே
என் மார்பிலே
நீ பேசும் வாசம்
நீ அல்லவா

காற்றிலே சிறகை நாம் விரித்தால்
துளி ஆகாதோ பூமி
வெளியெல்லாம் காதலால் நிறைத்தால்
அதற்கீடேது சாமி

(Source: https://deeplyrics.in/song/ta/manamengum-maaya-oonjal)



I asked Agathiyar to show me a form and name that everyone could accept. Not many would accept Agathiyar. So too it goes with all the founders of the mainstream religions. I told him that God has to be unbias and should be God to all, which means everyone should accept him. He told me he was the all-inclusive Prapanjam. I am contented knowing this. He had answered my yearning to know his true identity. I shall rest in peace.