Saturday 29 July 2023

THE PRAPANJAM

When Agathiyar called me to the path through my first Nadi reading in 2002, he had the Nadi reader pass me a small booklet that carried songs of praises to the Siddhas and their names and had Sivabalan, who hosted the reader, pass me a painting of Agathiyar. Dr. Krisnan who told me about the existence of the Siddhas and their Nadi, passes me a Yantra, a geometrical diagram etched on a copper foil later. Tavayogi officially initiated me into the path by passing me Agathiyar's Teecha mantra after Agathiyar brings me to meet him in Malaysia. When Tavayogi told me that Agathiyar had come to him the day I arrived at his Kallar ashram for the first time in 2005 and asked him what he was going to give me, I asked him how he came. Tavayogi replied that he was in the form of light. Before I left for Malaysia he initiated me telling me that Agathiyar was now the Vaasi or breath in us.  When I visited his ashram again with my family in 2013, he had some boys bring us to the spot where Agathiyar had given him darshan, or vision in the form of light. Tavayogi had installed a granite statue of Agathiyar at the spot. He had also placed fiber statues of Agathiyar and Tava Murugan at his ashram. When Tavayogi brought us to the Nattadreswar temple in Erode, he turned to me as we came down the temple steps and told me that Agathiyar was Lord Siva and vice versa. 

When a devotee asked Agathiyar, who since Tavayogi's demise came through devotees, what was his true form, he asked her how and what she felt in conducting puja and in doing charity. She replied that she had a pleasant and uplifting feeling. He replied that he was that. Later he tells us that he is the vibration in all of existence. 

I personally wanted to see Agathiyar and Ramalinga Adigal in the many forms depicted. When I mentioned my desire to Tavayogi he replied that it was not impossible, but quickly added asking me if that was what I wanted. I knew that there was something else that I should desire for. As I draw well I told Agathiyar once that I shall only draw him after he comes before me and shows me his form, for how was I to draw someone without seeing him. Even if I did it would be copying someone else's vision of him. He never appeared before me though many including Gnana Jothiamma have seen him at AVM. 

I had held the opinion that God and guru should accept all irrespective of race and religion, irrespective of their nationality, irrespective of their economic standing, etc. He has to be unbias and nonjudgemental. He has to shower his grace on all. He has to embrace all into his fold. He should not be exclusive to any one individual, a group, or following. What Agathiyar did surprised all of us. He had Ramalinga Adigal bring down the Prapanjam into our tiny home and wherever we gathered. He had him show us how to connect and stay connected with it. Whenever Ramalinga Adigal comes he gathers us around him and hugs us all, and by doing so passes on the divine energies to us that help purify us. I understand now why Mata Amritanandamayi hugs one and all wherever she is invited. She helps us connect with the Prapanjam. 

He had us move his statue to another devotee's home removing any identification to his form and name and today stands as the Prapanjam enveloping one and all in his warm compassionate and loving embrace. His room at AVM is now "empty." Agathiyar who instructed me to close the door of his room after his exit in the form of the bronze statue told me to only admit those who wished to meditate. Though the Prapanjam is all around us and we are in it, in sitting in his space one could now connect with the Prapanjam easily just as was the intention in building temples. 

Today Agathiyar has revealed his true form and made himself accessible to all in all places as he stands before, around, and in us as the Prapanjam just as we are in him.  The Prapanjam does not shut out anyone. It embraces all irrespective of color, race, faith, beliefs, religion, gender, status, etc. Similarly, nobody can lay claim to the Prapanjam. 

A devotee made me realize what Agathiyar had been telling me all this while that he was the Prapanjam, that he was in it, and also that it was in him. Shangadasan in coming over to AVM some time back on knowing that Agathiyar was moving, told me that when many establishments forbid others to enter their premises or join them in prayer or their events, on the grounds that they were not vegetarians, or had them submit to and adhere to their codes of practice, bylaws, rules, and regulations, prior to stepping in, it was only in AVM where Agathiyar embraced one and all and slowly worked on their weaknesses and ignorance. It was a very big revelation for me as I did not realize this till then. I guess this is the reason Lord Murugan in the Nadi said that we shall do it differently.