Monday 31 July 2023

TRUE HAPPINESS

I was thinking of calling it a day last Thursday, 20 July 2023. I wrote "Although he has stopped all the activities, as of today he still wants me to blog though. If I had been writing about my travels with my gurus in physical form and whatever little I knew of Agathiyar from experience, he told me to stop writing about him and to share the experiences, that of the changes that were going on within me. There might come a day when he might ask me to call it off too, having me call it a day. The Siddhas are indeed mysterious."

But the messages just kept coming, getting me to keep on writing. Twelve posts have been written since then. You know what gives us the greatest joy. When we come to understand things that are not apparent. That is enlightenment. That is attaining Jothi. That is attaining Nirvana. When you rejoice in the veils drawn aside and everything is crystal clear. When ignorance leaves us and all knowledge is accessible at the touch of a button as they say. When the darkness leaves and is replaced by light. This light is the Jothi that is sought after. 

When I questioned Tavayogi's motive in building an ashram cum temple, as he used to "lecture" us on seeking the path of Gnana and not remaining in Bakthi, he replied that it was not for him but for others who are yet to step onto the path. Speaking to Mahindren who came over just moments ago, he too agreed to the need to continue writing.

It has been a wonderful journey indeed. Just days ago a devotee asked me how I spend my time as there is no puja as Agathiyar's statue has left AVM for another devotee's home. Agathiyar too cheekily asked me how it felt to be doing nothing and if I was enjoying it, சும்ம இருக்கும் சுகத்தை அனுபவிக்கிறாயா?  These days there is joy and bliss in doing nothing. 

When we have shed the layers of veils of ignorance, shed the layers of "clothing" that we had worn all this while that maketh us, and have severed our attachment to things, enjoying them while it is there and not being sad about losing them, we settle in our true nature. 

I suppose this state is that of Guru Dhakshanamurthy who sits in silence. There is no discourse, no Satsang, no activity of any kind. Just being in the moment. I believe this state of realization was what Bhagawan Ramana meant by "Your real nature is happiness."