Thursday 27 July 2023

THE GAME

Watching a scene from the movie "Adhi Parasakthi" on YouTube that I remember watching in the theatres many years ago, Mother Goddess comes to the cottage of a fisherman, and in feasting her heart out on the popular dish Pongal, asks the couple what they wanted. They replied that they had all and were satisfied. She tells them that she could give anything and everything that one asks for except for the state of satisfaction. Though I had followed every word of Agathiyar, I had always refused to toe the line when it came to accepting gifts. Thus we had Ramalinga Adigal come and tell us that "Whenever you say it is enough you shall tend to gain more." போதும் என்ற மனமே பொன் செய்யும் மருந்து. நீ போதும் என்று சொல்லும் நிலை உன்னை அறியாமல் நீ பெற்றுக் கொண்டுதான் இருக்கிறாய். 

When Lord Shiva came in a dream in 1988 and told me to reserve my questions for a future date, I did just that. Not only did I stop questioning the injustice I saw in the lives of his believers, followers, and devotees, I kept myself away from further readings and discussions on religion and spiritualism. I stopped frequenting the temples, and I dropped my home puja too. 

When my nephew came along in 2001 and passed me a mantra that I came to learn two years later was from Agathiyar, by way of his Paramaguru Gopal Pillai, I began to recite it diligently without question. 

When Agathiyar called me to the worship of the Siddhas in my very first Nadi reading the following year in 2002, I began reciting the names of the Siddhas immediately. I scouted around for a place to place Agathiyar in existing temples after Agathiyar had asked me to build a temple for him in the Nadi. As I did not get the cooperation of existing temple committees I dropped that search. 

I took Supramania Swami as my guru in 2003 meeting him on his home ground in Tiruvannamalai, after Agathiyar had spoken about my unprecedented meeting with my guru in the Nadi. 

I took Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal as my guru too in 2005 after Agathiyar told me that he had sent him to me. Since I was asked to help out with the building of temples and build one for him too, when both Supramania Swami and Tavayogi mooted the idea of building a temple, I jumped on the bandwagon. But the ever-mysterious Siddhas stopped Supramania Swami from continuing further on a temple for Lord Murugan at Tiruvannamalai while they saw through the completion of Tavayogi's ashram cum temple for Agathiyar at Kallar. 

Now after coming to his path, after Agathiyar began to guide me through regular Aasi Nadi readings, and after introducing me to two wonderful gurus and their lineages, I stopped listening to him. Yes, you read it right. When Agathiyar told me to visit several living gurus and go over to several sacred spots that he named in the Nadi over time, I told him I was not going anywhere. I had him and my gurus. If he was to give me anything or bless me let that happen in my home. He stopped asking me over. 

While a yoga master who accompanied Tavayogi to Malaysia during his visit in 2007 taught many Yoga Asanas and Pranayama, we cornered Tavayogi to teach us. He obliged us. We picked up the techniques directly from him. 

When Agathiyar asked that I commission his bronze statue in Swamimalai and place it at the Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Swamigal Brindhavanam, Ipoh I placed an order in 2009. Agathiyar who arrived on 2 January 2010, told me he would be in transit at my home until the Brindhavanam was completed. Later he changed his mind and stayed put at my home. 

In 2013 Agathiyar sends several youths to my home after their respective Nadi readings to watch the puja I and my family did at my home that we then named as Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM) for the purpose of ease in directing them over. Though Agathiyar named Agathiyar Vanam as Gnana Kottam and Lord Muruga called it Agathiyar Tapovanam I never was keen to start a centre and have people congregate. But the Siddhas and the deities kept coming for just the handful of faithful devotees. 

Lord Murugan rocks the cradle again asking me to build a temple for him in a 2018 Nadi reading. I refused to move this time. Seeing no response from me he sends Agathiyar to talk me into doing it. Since I stood my ground Agathiyar reveals in a Nadi reading some 18 months later that he had tested me. 

Over the years Agathiyar had offered to gift me a Nadi that I could read for myself and others. I was not keen. When Agathiyar brought strangers into my home and healed them I and my wife asked that it stop. These days he comes through his devotees only to a small group who kept patronizing and visiting him at AVM. 

Recently, Ramalinga Adigal in rebranding AVM as Gnana Peedham told us that he would address us. Agathiyar on his part in coming through a devotee has promoted me to the state of a guru having sent over some fresh faces. He repeated the same in a Nadi reading of one of these devotees later. When I questioned in disbelief, he replied that I had desired it. I wonder when I had asked for it. Then he added that since I could not possibly keep quiet and still, he had given me the role to take up and occupy my time. Learning from experience when many turned up at AVM sick and in a mess after having a fallout and breaking their ties with their gurus, I told these youngsters that I had no intent to mess up anyone's life and asked them to deal directly with Agathiyar just as Tavayogi had shown me to Agathiyar and Agathiyar had shown me to Mother Prapanjam. I wonder what game is Agathiyar playing this time around? We shall have to wait and see. Only time can tell.