Tuesday 28 February 2023

CONNECTING WITH THE PRAPANJAM

When Agathiyar and Ramalinga Adigal asked us to read and reread Tavayogi's book Andamum Pindamum especially the chapter on Tattvas and Agathiyar told me that the Vaasi and Asana practice he gave us was a treasure it surely tells us something about Tavayogi. He was no ordinary guru. Going through his book further for the umpteen times, we pick up certain interesting facts. For instance, Tavayogi equates vibration or unarvu to life. மனித உடலிலே உள்ள உயிர் அணுக்கள் கூட்டம் எல்லாமே உணர்வு என்னும் அடிப்படையான உயிர் தன்மை கொண்டவை. A friend who got initiated by a famous master was taught to recognize these vibrations in each chakra and progress to higher chakras through its visualization. Agathiyar in replying to a devotee and aspirant on his true form told her he was the vibration that is realized in all her spiritual undertakings including puja and charity. 

Tavayogi writes that Yoga was a means to tap into the power of the Prapanjam. My first taste of this Prapanjam came when I diligently carried out the practice he showed us in 2007. The volume of Prana inhaled expanded tremendously to the extent I thought my body would burst just as an overinflated balloon would burst. I had no idea then that the technique had awakened the Kundalini in me. It was only later that year that Agathiyar casually in a passing comment in my Nadi enlightened me of this fact. But I never saw any difference then as many had made it out to be. I kept at what I was taught. Neither Agathiyar nor Tavayogi stopped me. It was in late 2010 that a routine clearing of the throat as expounded by Ramalinga Adigal triggered a pull in my lower back that ran down the whole length of my right leg right until the toes which freezed me in pain. I remained squated as the shower drenched me wet. It was some moments later that I managed to dry myself somewhat and dragged myself into bed. That was the start of a nightmare you could say that lasted some 2 1/2 years. I bore the pain till I decided to consult Dr.Krishnan a Siddha physician and astrologer. He struck off any possibility of a kidney problem or stone. He told me to get an X-ray to find out if it was a slipped disk. I did as told and was given a clean bill of health. But to bring some relief I was asked to undergo physiotherapy twice a week which I did. I then looked toward the Nadi to see what Agathiyar has to say. He revealed that my Muladhara was activated and hence the upheavals to my three dosas. Agathiyar in the Nadi reading on 9.8.2010 tells me that the heat of the tapas or austerities had peaked in me. 

உண்டான ஞான கனல் மிகுந்த காலம் உயர்வான காலம் இது இந்தக் காலம். 

Seeing my agony Agathiyar on 17.10.2010 gives me the good news and consoles me on the bad too. What is generally achieved through Hatha yoga is now possible through Tapas and Puja. If Tavayogi wrote that Yoga was a means to tap into the power of the Prapanjam, Agathiyar in encouraging a reluctant me to carry out the Homam that I was asked to do by Tavayogi in my home, told me that I wasn't doing it for myself and my family but for the well being of all that existed in the Prapanjam or all of the manifestation of the cosmos, universe, etc. Only then I realized the magnanimity of the ritual and the great responsibility that was given to me and my family and the few who gathered at my home. We took up the task with dedication, and did the ritual regularly, on Thursdays, Full moon and New moon days, and other auspicious days. Now the heat built up further in us too as the fire was fed with ghee and other herbs and medicinal plants. Besides generating more heat the Homam removed our karma further. The Vaasi and Asana practice together with the Homam that we conducted formed a conduit to gather the Prana within. Agathiyar points out to my health that was declining. He asked to see a physician who can bring it back to its former state. With his grace, I shall recover well, he said. 

அடையோகம் தன்னில் கிட்டும் சித்தி அவையனைத்தும் தவமொடு வழிபாட்டில் பெறுவாய். ஆனதொரு ஆரோக்கியம் மட்டும் சோடை. ஒளடதமும் பிடகனை அறிந்து ஏற்க்கவே மாற்றங்கள் ஏற்றம் கிட்டும். என் அருளால் பூரணமாய் பரிசுத்தம் காண்பாய். 

Agathiyar who continued to monitor my situation came again on 16.1.2011 assuring me that all shall be fine. He asked me to continue taking the prescription for another half a mandalam. 

வாகடன்கள் தேகத்திற்கு மட்டும் வளத்துடனே அரை மண்டலாம் எடுத்துக் கொள்ள தேகமத்தில் குறை வாரா. 

In another reading on 26.11. 2011 Agathiyar addressed the issue clearly. Agathiyar spelled out the reasons and the solution in the form of several Siddha herbs and prayers. He classifies my agony as Paareesa Peedai or உடலின் ஒரு பக்கம் that was external and "superficial, existing or occurring at or on the surface and  appearing to be true or real only until examined more closely." He says the Muladhara chakra had attained intense heat resulting in my present condition leading to immobility. The three dosas too have gone haywire. He asked to consume Amalaki and Triphala. He asked that I stop all forms of tapas and yoga practices for the time being. He asked that I pray to the Sun God and Lord Murugan to bring relief. 

தரணிதன்னில் எங்கள் வழி மார்க்கத்தில் தப்பாது பூசையும் தவமும் செய்து தான் உயர்வு அடைந்திட்ட பாலகன் உனக்குத் தரணியே உயிர் பிணி ஏது சொல்வோம் உடல் பிணி ஏதுதான் அச்சம்கொள்ள. பாரிச பீடைகளும் வந்து நிற்கும். உற்றதொரு மூலாதார சக்கரமும் உயர் விதமாய் உட்டனங்கள் அடைந்ததனாலே உரைக்க வரும் சோர்வும் தேகம் தன்னில். உரைக்கலாம் முக்கூற்று திருப்பும் இப்போ முறையாகச் சம நிலையில் இல்லாதிருக்க சோதனைகள் வந்து நிற்க்கும் அச்சம் மிதந்து. சிறப்பு தரும் வாகடமும் செப்பலாம். செப்பலாம் தவம் தன்னை நிறுத்திவைக்க.  சிறப்பு இருக்கு வழிபாடும் முறையே மாறாது சூரிய வழிபாடும் செய்ய வழிபாடும் வேலவர்க்கும் முறையே செய்யப் பங்கம் ஏதும் வந்திடாது கலக்கம் கொள்ளா. 

Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami in "Merging with Siva - Hinduism’s Contemporary Metaphysics", Himalayan Academy, 2005 writes, 

"There are thousands of things vibrating in the Muladhara chakra, and from those memory patterns, they are going to bounce up into view one after another, especially if we gain more Prana by breathing and eating correctly." I guess the exercises that Tavayogi gave and the diet that Patanjali asked to adhere to did just that. It released my past karma. 

On 15.2.2012 the physiotherapist asked me to show her the exercises, she had taught me and that I had put into practice over the past seven months. As I moved into position to begin to raise my right leg behind me and stretch my back, it was as if something gave way, there was something like a latch released, a dam burst, a knot that was untied or loosened, which brought instantaneous relief and joy to the extent I shouted out and cried in joy. The excruciating pain left magically and mysteriously just as it had come on upon me. All was well as Agathiyar had said. 

But it resurfaced in June of 2016 just a month short of my daughter's wedding. This time it was relatively mild. Tavayogi and Mataji who were in Malaysia to attend her wedding passed me a herbal preparation that they said will do some good. Dhanvanthri came and treated me saying that the dosa that is wind was excessive. It was a case of excessive Vata. I was asked to heat up sesame oil and apply it and told to sleep on the floor till I recovered. After some time I woke up to realize the pain had gone away. 

When the pain came back in 2018, as a sneeze came on as I was crossing the road, it was severe and exactly as I had felt the very first time. The pain ran through my back like a lightning bolt and traveled through my right leg. I made my way to my car dragging my feet and drove home in pain. Agathiyar told me it was a case of the Vasi or the breath gone wrong. He gave me five herbal preparations to consume and ointments to rub. While this reading was recorded and sent to me, the following day another reading was held at my home by another Nadi reader. Lord Muruga came through a devotee and treated me concurrently as the Nadi was read. The next day he gave another reading through a friend. He recommended another ointment and herbal medicine.

From http://www.tknsiddha.com/medicine/vatham-pitham-kapham-tridosha/ I learned more.

"According to the Siddha medicine system, the three humors, (Muppini or Mukkuttram in Tamil Siddha medicine system and Tridosha in Ayurveda system) normally occupy the lower, middle, and upper parts of the body - vayu in the regions of the pelvis, the pitham in the region of the stomach and the internal viscera and kapham or phlegm in the regions of the breath, throat, and head."

How very true. These three humors, vata, pitta, and kapha through their combined actions and the normal ratio of 4:2:1 help maintain the upkeep of the human body. In my case, it had gone berserk and haywire. To rub salt into the wound Lord Muruga who came and relieved my pain said that it was his doing so that I would be forced to slow down and go within. 

This is where we need a guru to monitor us. He shall know when we should start and when we should stop. I was blessed to have Lord Murugan, Agathiyar, Ramalinga Adigal monitor me directly. 

And it has all got to do with Prana. Swami Rajarshi Muni's "Yoga, the Ultimate Attainment", Jaico Publishing House, 1995 writes,

"The prana (that fills the whole atmosphere of the universe) is the spiritual and imperceptible energy out of which matter evolves. When it vibrates and manifests in accordance with the universal Will, it becomes matter in the form of Prakriti. From Prakriti, an inexhaustible reservoir, the human body draws prana for carrying out its biological functions throughout its span of life. Prana is extracted from Prakriti as subtle energy through breathing."

"Oxygen is prana Vayu while Prana is the vital force. Oxygen is capable of sustaining only the gross body while Prana the vital force nourishes and sustains the subtle body. This vital force flows through the channels of the subtle body and can rejuvenate even the gross body increasing its longevity. These subtle channels, like the gross air passage, have their upper ends at the openings of the left and right nostrils. However, they do not end up in the lungs like the respiratory system of the gross body. Instead, they run down to a bulbous subtle structure (Kanda) situated about three inches below the navel of the gross body. There are 14 principal channels or nadis in the subtle body that converge into the subtle bulb Kanda. They branch into 72,000 smaller channels and 350,000-minute tributaries spreading all over the subtle body."

Phew, it is mind-blowing indeed. Now I understand why my breathing spontaneously hits the bottom in the region below the navel and rises with force. I have no control over it. Come to think about it this is what Tavayogi's Vaasi or breathing exercise is all about. It is the churning of the ocean to retrieve the nectar or ambrosia. We are told that the very first breath a child takes after birth hits the same spot starting the cycle of breathing and causing him or her to let out his or her first cry. Amazing indeed. 

Soon Ramalinga Adigal came to connect us with the Prapanjam further bringing its energies in torrents. That was it. We were drenched in ecstasy and energy.  Finally, Prapanjam spoke to a devotee in her meditation and asked her to pass the message to me to carry out a Homam and chant the Mrityunjaya and Dhanvantri mantras. We carried out as told. Agathiyar recently told us to deal directly with the Prapanjam for all our needs as we have been given access to her. How lovely. We are truly indebted to Agathiyar and the Siddhas for life.