Tuesday 7 February 2023

THE SIDDHA WAY

Just as a son easily inherits the business that his father painstakingly builds from scratch, the disciple too to a certain extent inherits the merits of his guru. Both my gurus in physical form had left behind the merits of their austerities or tapas and hard work to this undeserving simpleton. Just as Agathiyar in the very beginning when he was not carrying this name and was a common citizen just like us, served Supramaniar who was not Lord Murugan too as yet and was promised the state of Jothi that Supramaniar had accomplished with Agathiyar's help in providing shelter and food and other services, attained the promised state and was bestowed the name Agathiyar in a subsequent birth, the promised land never evades us. It can happen now or in future births. As Supramania Swami and Tavayogi said we shall polish and work on it, till the shine comes on or shall come back, again and again, to work on this jewel, this jewel is made available to us eventually by the grace or Arul of the divine. 

Just as we inherit family wealth, making funds available and possible for us to bravely venture into building the family businesses further, diversifying and expanding it, disciples tend to inherit the merits of the masters in their lineage. These merits shall quick-start or hasten one's journey multifold. The Siddhas are a great help to souls who come by seeking their guidance. They show us the methods and ways to inherit merits, merits that go beyond the material world. This accumulation of merits determines the present life and the lives to come. First, they make us understand why we are where we are. This is the outcome of our past actions that have been bottled and brought with us that we drink from and get intoxicated or poisoned as the case may be. They teach us Kriyai where we can safely discard the bottle and we are no more dependent on its contents to determine our lives as the Siddhas have taken charge. They replace the wine or poison with ambrosia that arises from within as they lead us into the practice of Yoga next. Finally, in a state of Gnana we sing a different tune. This is the Siddha path simplified.

Agathiyar had at one time told me that I need not become a monk but can remain a family man and besides carrying out my responsibilities to my family engaged in the worship of the Siddhas. Tavayogi too had told me to bring the family into the fold just as I came into the path of the Siddhas taking up the call by Agathiyar in my Nadi. All he had me do was spend a few days at Tavayogi's ashram and he arranged for Tavayogi to take me on a ride of bliss and joy. As we left the ashram Tavayogi turned to me and said "Only now the true journey begins my son". Indeed I was captured by the sights and sounds that awaited me wherever we went and strengthened my faith and belief in the existence of the Siddhas. Carrying on with my home puja upon my return to Malaysia, Agathiyar showed numerous miracles just as he had promised that they would continue in my homeland. The miracles take place to this day. 

Sharing my journey and these miracles in my earlier websites and present blog, Agathiyar recently asked to share the internal changes going on at present within me. If many had gathered in my home since I started Siddha puja, and we brought this puja into the homes of those who invited the Siddhas in and into the temples that were Siddha friendly, on Thaipusam day Lord Murugan asked me to help turn these homes into another Agathiyar Vanam too as my home has come to be known. Just as Agathiyar asked me to share my experiences with readers of this blog, I guess I could bring the worship into the homes of readers who invite the Siddhas in. We shall figure of a way to do it together.