Tuesday 28 February 2023

SIDDHA HEARTBEAT

Speaking to Thiru Arivananthan moments ago, I could see his humbleness. Being a learned and trained astrologer and Siddha practitioner he is currently engaged in the research and study of some ancient texts in the form of Suvadi or palm leaves in his possession. This research is nearing its end with him making several trips to universities and museums in India to authenticate his findings and for the purpose of cross-references. But yet he kept his work under a low profile. He runs the அருள்குரு அகத்தியர் அருள்சித்தர் பீடம் or Arulguru Aghathiyar Arulsithar Peedham currently in a temple for Lord Muruga build by his grandfather in Pandamaran. He has given me much in terms of herbs and advice at the right moment when I needed them most. Agathiyar when he comes to AVM refers certain devotees to him too for treatment. I had my first and second doses of Agathiyar Kuzhambu prepared by him earlier. 

Another humble soul is Thavathiru Kumaran Swamigal from the Agathiyar Ashram and Thirukovil at the foothill of the Anuvavi Murugan Temple in Coimbatore. He has been to my place several times and each time I could see him project his humbleness that brings us to our knees. Having started worshipping Agathiyar at the young age of eight I felt small before him as I had only come at 43 years of age. When we eagerly shared our experiences among all those gathered for the Satsang at AVM upon our return from Kallar in 2016 he was with us watching and listening quietly. 


Then there are the couple Sri Krishna and Sri Deviy. He had exposure to the Siddhas as early as a student living with his uncle who brought in Nadi readers from India. Today he is reaching 50. He brought his wife into the path and both of them have seen much traveling it. They were the catalyst for us to start street feeding after Tavayogi initiated feeding the native people at his Kallar Ashram during my visit in 2005. 



Then of course I have to thank Nadi Nool Aasan Senthilkumar, T. Ramesh, and his brother-in-law Thiru Thamaraiselvan. They had faithfully carried out their profession in a professional way bringing Agathiyar and other Siddhas words of wisdom, advice guidance, and practices within our reach that totally transformed our lives. If I had withheld sharing these Nadi readings as I regarded them as a personal conversation between the Siddhas and me, it was only on Oct 15, 2018, that I shared the recording of my very first Nadi reading read held on 14 December 2002 on YouTube, the reason being to counter some negative talk on the Siddhas Nadi and its authenticity. I could not stomach all the ill talk and aversion toward the Siddhas. I had to tell them that the readings worked in my favor because I had faith and belief and above all, I listened and followed every single detail, task, and practice. 

My love for writing blossomed after I return from my maiden travel to India in 2003 and my second pilgrimage in 2005. I documented every moment of my journey just like BBC would release the details of the airtime and shows right up to the songs that were to be played to listeners. As an example, besides documenting my whole journey, I took note of the exact time I stood at the numerous shrines and temples along the girivalam path in Tiruvannamalai. That was the extent of my detailed documentation.

Tuesday, 9th September
9.45 pm Agni Lingam on the temple grounds
10.40 pm Seshadari ashram, Amman temple, Dhaksanamurthy temple
10.45 pm Kali temple
11.30 pm Ramana ashram
11.40 pm turned back without visiting Yogi Ramsuratkumar’s (Visiri Swami) ashram as it was too far off the Girivalam route
11.55 pm Murugan temple, Sakthi temple, Adi Shankaracharya Madam, Tank
Wednesday, 10th September
12.10 am Cemetery, Yama Lingam
12.20 am Mrityam Or Jaya Lingam, Ganesar temple
12.35 am Tank, Dhurvasar temple, Nandi temple
12.50 am Tank, Jhoti Vinayagar temple
1.20 am Vallalar temple, Annamalaiyaar temple, Unnamulai temple
1.30 am Anjaneyar temple
1.40 am Palani Andavar temple, Raja Rajeswari temple, Nandi temple
1.50 am Adi Mudi Sidhar Samadhi, Kautamar Rishi temple, Surya Lingam temple, Ramar temple, Varuna Lingam temple, Adi Arunachaleswarer temple
2.45 am Manickavasagar temple, Ganesar temple, Sakthi temple, Sudhananda ashram
3.10 am Vayu Lingam temple
3.20 am Tank, Ramachandra Swami ashram
4.20 am Kubera Lingam temple
4.40 am Eduku Pillaiyaar temple, Panja Muka Darshan temple, Brahma Rishi temple, Esaki temple
5.00 am Arthanathiswarar temple
5.10 am Seenivasa Perumal temple, Cemetery, Ammani Ammal Peedham, Esanya Lingam temple
5.30 am Easanya samadhi, Annamalaiyaar temple
5.55 am Draupadi Amman temple
6 am Durga, Anjaneyar, and Perumal temples
Finally, Erathai Vinayagar temple at 6.30 am ending the Girivalam at the eastern gopuram. 

These posts can be read at https://agathiyarvanam.blogspot.com/2014/07/thiruvannamalai.html

The documentation of the journey seemed to reach several seekers who began to contact me and made their way to Kallar Ashram. Jnana Jothiamma was one soul who made her way to Kallar after reading my earlier websites. She had shared much with me too but it was mostly kept under wraps as I respected both her wish and that of Agathiyar. It was only several years ago after she left her mortal body that I published online her biography which carried mostly her emails and conversations with me over Skype. These were further insights to all those keen including me to reach God's kingdom. 

I am grateful to Jnana Jothiamma for mooting me to live stream the puja from my humble home. After returning to the USA in 2011 from Kallar ashram she was swept in loneliness and detached from everything else. The only thing she looked forward to was seeing life the puja that I streamed personally for her on Ustream. Along the way, someone else from the USA wanted to watch too. I switched to YouTube and streamed it beginning on 29 September 2016. 



When someone commented on a photo of Supramania Swami that a friend in Bangalore posted on his Fb account I decided that I would not let anyone ridicule my gurus and deactivated all the websites and YouTube accounts. Later when I told Tavayogi what I did he asked "Why son, let it be. People will come to know about the Siddhas (through this medium)." If he was taking the stand preaching to live audiences, I was made to understand that my writings and videos had a far-reaching impact on the lives of seekers and aspirants. Many wrote to me and shared how the postings had brought them solutions when they were much needed. Agathiyar too in my Nadi readings used to encourage me to write. 

Initially, I would consult Suren who followed the blog to find out if I had revealed too much and if there was even an iota of ego in my writings. These postings were a show of my love for Agathiyar and a means of showing my gratitude to him and had nothing to do with promoting my self-image. Agathiyar came recently and told me to stop writing about him and instead write about the internal changes that were taking place in me so that others keen to reach the state of Jothi would come to know what they have to transcend. I am blessed to share for I had read Ramalinga Adigal share his joy with all too. In the earlier days of my worship, I would tell my wife if only I could touch and transmit the immense joy I derived in conducting the Siddha puja. Today I am grateful to Agathiyar for allowing me to share the inner transformations taking place.