Tuesday 14 February 2023

S...I...D...D...H...A

Now since Lord Murugan has asked that each home become a temple just like my home, rather than building one, I look back at how this transformation came about. 

S------

It began with a Nadi reading calling me to worship the Siddhas. I was shown a simple thanksgiving puja to the Siddhas for documenting my life story, past, present, and future in these palm leaves. I began to worship the painting of Agathiyar given to me by the host who brought in the Nadi reader and recite the long list of names of Siddhas that was passed to me by the latter ending with Potri or salutations. Thus I began worship to the Siddhas in my home on my own. 

I.......

With the coming of Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar ashram into my life and home, he had me bring my family into the path too. He had me ignite the sacrificial fire or Homam, a smaller version of the Yajna or Yagam in my home. It was a perfect accompaniment to the existing recitation of their names. As we placed each handful of grains, herbs, roots, etc into the burning fire we recited a name of a Siddha accompanied by Svaha (a denouement used at the end of a mantra, which is invoked during yajna fire sacrifices and worship - https://en.wikipedia.org/).

D......

Dedication to the task at hand is an important component in this venture into Siddhaland. This will sustain us and keep us going without falling out or giving up.

D....

Discipline too is a vital factor here. 

H.....

Hatha Yoga is a must to progress further or rather internally leaving behind now all the rituals that are external. We learn to channel the vital energy source that is the prana to rise within us and make its journey at least till the second chakra from where with the grace or Arul of the Siddhas it then makes its journey further up clearing the energy blockages along its way. If prior to this sailing in Sariyai and Kriyai, the transformations were external, now we bring on an internal transformation and flowering in the head region eventually. The energy that comes to stay here henceforth begins to dictate every action of ours and determines our future and destiny.

A.......

With the churning of the sea that gave rise to the ambrosia as told in the Puranas, similarly with the churning within the body toxin accumulated over the years is expelled and the body and mind purified the ambrosia arises as a result of the flowering. This "honey" or nectar sustains us for the rest of our lives, repairing all tissues and cells, and illnesses are warded off. It gives us renewed vitality. The intake of Prana besides connecting us to the Prapanjam, energizes us further fanning the flame or effulgence that comes within. Bliss prevails at least during these moments of connecting. Connecting with the Siddhas by reciting their names in Sariyai one moves to connect with all of creation within the Prapanjam by lighting the Homam in Kriyai. Soon turning our sights within we move from the gross to the subtle by connecting with our breath in Yoga. The coiled energies in us soon arise and make their way up to connect us with the source of all LIFE.