Thursday 2 February 2023

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

Of what use are even our tears asked a lyricist in the verse இயற்கை அழுதால் உலகம் செழிக்கும்..மனிதன் அழுதால் இயற்கை சிரிக்கும்.. from the song "Pirakum Pothum Alugindrai" comparing the immense benefit that is derived after the rain shower. Have you noticed how the world around us looks and feels after a downpour? There is so much renewed energy as if the whole world has been revitalized. In contrast in what way has man contributed to the well-being of nature? On the contrary, he has plundered, raped, and robbed its riches leaving it barren and exposed. A photographer and cameraman with BBC who revisits a place that he had photographed several years ago was in tears seeing how man has devastated the place. Man in his greed to accumulate riches and more land has torn nature apart. In its place, we see a concrete jungle. This concrete jungle day by day encroaches into the wilderness.

Man who believes he has made great scientific leaps realizes at his deathbed that though he has achieved much he is not able to stall or delay or escape the clutches of death and dies a painful death when Kapha or mucus and fluid block his breathing apparatus disabling breathing. The breath is the Uyir or lifeline. The moment it leaves us we are but a solid mass of meat that is food for the animals, birds, insects, worms, and maggots.

Man is connected to nature. There is the earth element and its minerals in him. There is water in him. There is heat and warmth in him. There is wind in him. There is space in him. If the moon has an influence on the tides, man who is composited of water is pretty much influenced by it too. There is a connection between the waning and waxing moon with man and his behavior and his mental being. Yogis take their breath as a tool to refine and correct their breathing patterns to follow the phases of the moon. This keeps them in sync with nature. As I wrote in a previous post mentioning how a lyricist in writing that "இயற்கையின் மொழிகள் புரிந்துவிடில் மனிதரின் மொழிகள் தேவையில்லை", has captured the fact that though nature does not speak it communicates through the chill air or the warm of the day, a gust of wind, breeze, and wind, being gentle at one moment and at other times changing into extreme heat and cold, thunder and lightning, storm and flood, hurricanes, and typhoons that send us seeking cover, showing us who the master is, this then is the language of nature. There is a Rumi saying that goes "The earth has music for those who listen”. (Source: https://www.deeph.io/) Olga Pavuka writes "As there is no doubt that we are falling out of sync, we are asked to live in alignment with nature and its biological rhythms. Arranging your life a little better and syncing it with the natural cycles of life around you and the planet itself is essential." Yoga brings us there. It helps tap the inner resource that we are oblivious of. But once we take hold of it it does wonders.

I had practiced Yoga asanas and pranayam learning from books back then in the eighties when I was in my twenties. After a long lapse of some 13 years having stayed away from praying, temple visits, practicing yoga, and reading, all these were rekindled in a mysterious manner. Agathiyar in my first Nadi reading in 2002 tells me that all my prior learning and practices did not benefit me as my karma stood in my way. He sent me off on a pilgrimage locally and to India to take the necessary measures as stipulated in the reading. Now with my past karma out of the way, I saw immense benefits derived from learning a set of Yoga asanas and pranayam properly from my guru Tavayogi in 2007. When my lower back hurt as energies were released and the base chakra was opened without my knowledge in 2010, Agathiyar relieved me of my agony and asked me to stop all the practices. In asking me to go within in 2019, Agathiyar asked me to continue these Yoga practices and many more that he and Ramalinga Adigal gave as they came by. These Yogic practices connected me back to nature. Once I was connected to nature it took over from there. I began to see myself as part of nature rather than standing aloft and apart from it. I could relate to nature, sense and feel it. My senses were enhanced. I began to see its effects further as I saw changes take place within the physical body. The filth that I had accumulated in me all these 60 years was expelled. Energies saw their way up and around the nerves and channels and chakras. None of these were my efforts thenceforth. 

At https://www.healthline.com/ we are told that "You are a living energy field. Your body is composed of energy-producing particles, each of which is in constant motion. So, like everything and everyone else in the universe, you are vibrating and creating energy. The field of vibrational medicine, sometimes called energy medicine, seeks to use the vibrational energy generated by and around your body to optimize your health." Ramalinga Adigal helped us connect with the Prapanjam each time he came. He brought down the effulgence within that began to do wonders further without our knowledge or effort. If Tavayogi in introducing Agathiyar told us that Agathiyar was Kadavul or God and later equated him with Lord Shiva, as we stood in Sariyai, in having us come into Kriyai showed him to us as Guru, in having us practice Yoga he told us that Agathiyar was the Vaasi or breath, and finally expounds that Agathiyar and the Siddhas are all in the form of Jothi or Light, Agathiyar tells us that he is the Prapanjam, of it and in it too, and at a later date reveals to us that he is this vibrational energy (Athirvu). He is indeed Brahmam that resonates in silence and emerges as AUM that moves all of matter, subtle and gross. 

At healthline.com we learn further that "Vibrations are a kind of rhythm. Rhythms happen on a grand scale, like seasonal changes and tidal patterns. They also happen within your body. Heartbeats, breathing rates, and circadian rhythms are examples of physiological rhythms we can see, feel, and measure. But there are much smaller vibrations happening in your body, too. Inside each one of your cells, molecules vibrate at characteristic rates. Using atomic force microscopes, researchers have detected vibrations on the nanoscale — much smaller than 1/1000th the diameter of a single human hair. These vibrations generate electromagnetic energy waves. Researchers have found that vibrations and the electromagnetic energy associated with them cause changes in your cells, which can then affect how your body functions."

So it comes as no surprise that the scientist of yore the Siddhas possessed this knowledge and drafted ways for humanity to evolve first by retaining its body in top form and later changing its very constitution breaking it down to the cellular level and dispersing it back into nature. Thus the Siddhas are forever living among us in nature around us and in us. 

In asking Agathiyar if I should do more practice, he told me there was none and that these energies shall do their work. Hence I laid down my pen. I allowed him to write on this blank sheet of paper that is me and my body and the several other bodies tied to it. Today I enjoy life in the comfort of my small humble home spending quality time with my grandchildren. I am blessed to have the tiny fingers of a 2 1/2-year-old running down my shoulders and back giving me a gentle massage. I am blessed to have a 1 1/2-year-old toddler call me "Tata" (grandpa) none stop. I am blessed to have a 6-year-old bring story books to me to be read to her. These are my 3 grandchildren. I am blessed to have 3 meals and more a day. I am blessed with family and friends. We are blessed with drinking water to quench our thirst with the turn of a tap. We are blessed with the heat from the sun that keeps us warm. We are blessed with air that we breathe in to stay alive. The body produces the mineral it needs. Though we do not exert control over our bodies and the workings of our bodies go on on their own without our attention and interference, when we begin to neglect such a wonderful machine, as do all machines, it breaks down too. Then it would be a costly affair to set it back to running normally. Appreciate the breath and food that we take in. Consider each breath of air and mouthful of food as the last you shall take in.

I believe God must have made us in his image. He did not leave it to chance. Who could possibly come up with such a well-structured body that withstands and endures extreme heat and cold, adapts to the seasons and altitudes, fights off illnesses, heal wounds, and does many other wonders as in conceiving and giving birth. Sadly we do not appreciate something until we lose it. But then it's too late. To those forever chasing something please do turn your sights on your family and children. We are their world. Children do not have chores or careers hence they follow us all the time. Spend some quality time with them. Count and cherish your blessings while they are there. Time is running out.