Friday 3 February 2023

THE BLUEPRINT IS UNDERSTOOD

It is all so clear now. When we started with Sariyai where our parents brought us to temples to pray and taught us to place flowers at our home altar and sing along with them, most of us carried this out throughout our lives passing it to our children and grandchildren. It ended there. We were the festive crowd that gathers on occasion at the temples. But with the advent of the Siddhas in our lives we are taught to carry out rituals ourselves hence stepping into Kriyai. We are given the freedom and space and confidence to do it. When Tavayogi asked me to carry out the homam in my home I hesitated as we have only seen it performed by trained priests in temples and our homes when a need arises. But he made it look so simple and easy to do, encouraging me over the phone. Later when he visited my home he helped finetune the rituals by carrying them out before us. Soon Agathiyar removed the remaining doubt in me telling me in the Nadi reading that I was doing it not for myself but for the good of all of creation (Ulaga Semathukaake). He sent aspirants to my home after their Nadi readings to participate in these rituals. The Siddhas in having us purify ourselves by burning negative thoughts and actions and past karma through the ritual of the fire or Homam had us engage actively in charity and feeding the hungry too thus freeing us from the grasp of all karma. Only when our past karma is settled shall we gain benefits in all our ventures be they material, religious, or spiritual. Agathiyar told me in my very first Nadi reading that though I had conducted puja (in the confines of my home) and done yoga (learning from books) and studied the scriptures, karma stood in my way of reaping its benefits. We are free to move up the ladder into Yoga now. Through Yoga, the body and mind are purified further and the body is moduled into a perfect vehicle to receive the grace and effulgence of the divine energies that are to come. With this comes Gnanam or divine wisdom.