Monday 20 February 2023

SITTING AT THE FEET OF THE GURU 1

Just as the young Balakumaran was made to sit beside him as Yogi Ramsuratkumar met his devotees back then I too spent some precious moments during my two visits to my guru Supramania Swami, a disciple of the Yogi when the public came up to his kudil and sought an astrological reading, or a talisman or a word of advice. Similarly, I spent most of my time sitting beside Tavayogi during his visits to Malaysia either officiating Peedhams or events or taking the stage to preach the path. Today Agathiyar and the other Siddhas and the Gods and Goddesses have me sit with them as they see their devotees walk up to them either for their blessings or to seek solutions. Though I would leave the moment the devotees open up about their personal lives and matters, he would have me sit. The reason he told me was that he wanted me to know. Another reason was he would instruct me to fetch things that he required to solve their problems. That is how I get first-hand information from these saintly souls as they listen and bring out solutions that many times apply to the general public too. In these instances, I share them on this blog. Sometimes they turn to me and say a thing or two that enlightens me on those matters. 

As we waited for the last and final puja during the recent Sivarathri, I played a collection of songs that I had compiled which I deemed fit for the occasion that could help us ponder about the truth of life and our purpose here and also lead us into meditation. We were not aware of Yogi Ramsuratkumar's arrival and presence in a devotee until he placed his hand over my shoulder and hugged and spoke to me. When my wife stepped up next, he revealed himself as the beggar. Even to me later he was saying he was nothing when I shared that I had read much about his spiritual search and the troubles he faced. When many take the stage and vomit what they have read, receiving applause, this is where the Yogi stands out for his humbleness as Tavayogi and Supramania Swami too had exhibited in many moments I was with them. Those who know choose to remain quiet and stay away from the public eye. But it is the public that gathers around them and turns their lives around. Yet these gurus stay afloat and shine. Apparently, the Yogi had come the moment I started playing Sadhu Om's songs set to music and rendered by Sriram Parthasarathy. The Yogi told my wife "Can you play the song again" mentioning Sadhu Om's "Unadhu Thiruvarule". It is understandable that the Yogi sat and listened to these songs because Sadhu Om was a disciple of Bhagawan too. The Yogi himself took three prominent saints as his guru during his days of search making seven rounds across India. He was with Bhagavan Ramana, Aurobindo, and Ramdas of Kerala. 

After everyone saw him I walked up to him and sat beside him again. That is when he tells me that Supramania Swami was with him too. When I mentioned that I had heard a third voice accompany us as Supramania Swami lead me on the chant of the Yogi's name when I was with him in 2005 and that Swami had revealed that it was the Yogi who accompanied us, Yogi Ramsuratkumar smiled and told me that "When the disciple prays the guru comes". 

Similarly, Agathiyar and Dhanvanthri mentioned that Tavayogi was present during their moments of visits. Agathiyar says that Ramalinga Adigal follows him everywhere he goes. Krishnaveni Amma of Kalyana Theertam had mentioned to Gnana Jothiamma that Shirdi Sai Baba was always with Agathiyar during his visits to her humble cottage. Agathiyar had summoned Bhogar and Tirumular to our humble home in the past. 

How are all these visitations possible one may ask? The magic ingredient is to open up our hearts and homes to them. It has been way too long since we shut the door and kept the Gods and Siddhas waiting outside confined within the walls of the temples and visiting them during certain hours. Hence I guess the reason Lord Muruga, Agathiyar, and Tavayogi want me to continue their legacy in turning the homes of simple people into abodes of the divine too. Would they dare make the move and sacrifice their private space in their hearts and homes and time to let in the Gods and Siddhas and devotees and strangers as we at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM) did?