Saturday 17 February 2024

AGATHIYAR COMES AS A FRIEND

What an exciting day it was today. Agathiyar hitched a ride in my car as a went to pick up a couple of devotees at the Railway Station this afternoon. It reminded me of picking up Tavayogi from his local affiliate Peedham in Batu Caves and driving him to my home in 2005. Agathiyar spending some solid 5 hours with my family reminded me of the same 5 hours I spent with my first guru Supramania Swami in Tiruvannamalai in 2003. Spending some quality time with him reminded me of how Agathiyar shared his Gnanam with his student Pulastya back then. I rejoiced in happiness as my prayers or rather a portion from saint Nakirar's Vinayagar Thiru Agaval that I adopted and that we sang at AVM had materialized. Nakirar pleads with Lord Ganesha to bring the guru within where both the guru and disciple shall spend hours in silence, connecting with each other in silence, receiving direct knowledge and illumination in that sacred moment of silent discourse.

மோன ஞான முழுது மளித்துச்
சிற்பரி பூரண சிவத்தைக் காண
நற்சிவ நிஷ்கள நாட்டமுந் தந்து
குருவுஞ் சீஷனுங் கூடிக் கலந்து
இருவரு மொருதனி யிடந்தனிற் சேர்ந்து
தானந்த மாகித் தற்பர வெளியில்
ஆனந்த போத அறிவைக் கலந்து
புவனத் தொழிலைப் பொய்யென் றுணர்ந்து
மவுன முத்திரையை மனத்தினி லிருத்திப்
பெண்டு பிள்ளை பண்டு பதார்த்தங்
கண்டது மாயைக் கனவென காட்டிப்
பாச பந்தப் பவக்கடல் நீக்கி
ஈச னிணையடி யிருத்தி மனத்தே
நீயே நானாய் நானே நீயாய்க்
காயா புரியைக் கனவென வுணர்ந்து
எல்லா முன்செய லென்றே யுணர
நல்லா யுள்ளருள் நாட்டந் தருவாய்
காரண குருவே கற்பகக் களிறே
வாரண முகத்து வள்ளலே போற்றி

It also reminded me of Lord Krishna's friendship with Arjuna. Indeed, if Agathiyar had come as a strict guru days back, today he came as a friend and discussed so many matters close to his heart. The whole family sent him off back to the Railway Station and bid him farewell in the evening. We never imagined an event of this sort in our lives. Faith and belief can truly do wonders. We are blessed. 

Agathiyar came to revive Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia which he had closed back then in 2019 several months ahead of the pandemic. He also released me from my captivity and years of solitude to mingle in public and attend to worldly matters henceforth. I can only share this much at this juncture. If he permits, we shall continue in another post.