Friday 2 February 2024

RELEASE THE BEAUTY IN YOU

When I set out to read about world religions, carried out home puja, and practiced Yoga that I picked up from these books and visited temples in the vicinity, as a bachelor back in the 80s, I had no inkling that I was not gaining any benefits from my efforts until Agathiyar pointed it out in my first Nadi reading some 12 years later in 2002. He pointed out the reason too. My past karma and curses stood in my way of reaping the benefits of my efforts. He sent me on a pilgrimage to temples and had me carry out charity to make good the wrong I had done. With karma out of the way, I took up worship to the Siddhas, doing charity, and practiced Yoga that was taught by my guru and Agathiyar in the Nadi, I began to see the fruition of my efforts henceforth.

But I was saddened to see others after coming to read the Nadi, carrying out the given remedies, and taking up the worship of the Siddhas, are still held back from seeing through the veil of illusion and Maya. They cannot even see the goodness that is within their reach and waiting for them. If they attempted to reach out to it they too shall gain the grace of Agathiyar. But sadly they settle for only his blessings asking that he satisfy their never-ending petty wants and needs. I guess it is pretty difficult for many to leave the web that they have spun around them and got themselves entangled in. Here is where they lack the will to bring the change in their lives. They do not want to be the outstanding student but settle to be among the rest. How can one help them if they do not help themselves? When some are given a second chance to continue from where they left off, what is stopping them? If it is karma that is preventing them from making the move, it has been taken care of through carrying out remedies and pujas. What then is still holding them back? Having read and seen the fruits of this journey in others' lives, what are they yet waiting for? Are they afraid that they will lose their foothold by reaching out for the rope that Agathiyar has let down to them? Or is it the lack of determination or Vairagya? 

The events of the past week have made me ponder and think deeply. I am hungry for answers. I want to know what goes on in their minds? What are they thinking? Where are their priorities? I guess as Agathiyar in closing the AVM home in 2019 told me one has to now travel alone and cannot wait for others to catch up for they shall delay another's journey, and as Ramalinga Adigal set up, in Agathiyar's words, the Jothimayam only to have no takers, no amount of miracles, preaching, and scolding can bring another to change unless the beast in them is rid for good and the beauty in them is released. Gnanam has to arise from within to draw aside the veil of ignorance. Even God cannot help them further.