Friday 2 February 2024

THE TOOLS

I never believed in the evil eye. I never believed someone could curse us until I came to read the Nadi in 2002. Agathiyar confirmed what astrologer and Siddha medicine practitioner Dr.Krishnan told me back in the nineties as possible reasons my predictions did not materialize. Agathiyar told me that the curse plus my karma stood in the way of me gaining the benefits of all my temple visits, home puja, yoga practice, and readings. He showed me the way to arrest them. He showed me the path of the Siddhas. Later in 2005, he showed me Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal who made me work towards the results of all these practices. Agathiyar began to guide me further, coming in subsequent Aasi Nadi readings while Tavayogi would arrive on our shores over the years to look in on me and others. I am seeing the results of my commitment to their cause, heeding their words and carrying out all that they tasked me. Should not I show the way to others too now? As I am camera shy Agathiyar had me reach out to others by writing this blog. It is his brainchild. The subject, sentences, and words are his. In the event it needs a correction he comes to us and points it out. 

Though I did not believe in the evil eye and curses initially brushing them off as superstition, I sort of was attracted to know the science behind astrology when my brother-in-law used to consult the horoscope and the stars. I had mine drawn too then from an astrologer in Tanjung Malim. I had in my hands - me in the form of a chart and in a book. I did not know that I could be condensed and packed into a chart until then. What is the best way to know this science but to learn to draw the chart from scratch? I began to buy books on astrology and the past almanacs that are the basis of these charts and read up on them. I drew my own chart and compared it with what I was given. I tallied. I had passed my own test. Then my interest went on to the gems and precious stones that are given as remedies in astrology. I read about them and had them made and worn them on me too. Befriending Dr.Krishnan I was given a copper itching or Yantra and the Rasamani bead. I came to know about the Siddhas and their Nadi through him too. I went for a reading some six years later. I had arrived home. Agathiyar took me into his arms and groomed me. If Tavayogi had me drop my hold on the nine-gem studded gold ring I wore on my finger and the mercury bead or Rasamani I wore around my hip the very day I arrived at his Kallar ashram in 2005, Agathiyar in having me commission his bronze statue in Swamimalai and conduct libation and puja in my home in 2010, had me let him go too eventually. Today he is in the home of another devotee on whom he is working the same. 

Agathiyar and Lord Muruga changed my fate the day I arrived at their door to read the Nadi. They drew up a new destiny for me the day I met Tavayogi. I was destined to come to the path and take Tavayogi as my physical guru. My life changed. It is all in these Nadi readings. I soon came to know that my life could also be condensed and packed into a single piece of dried palm leaf.