Friday 14 June 2024

AGATHIYAR

Let me share the story of Agathiyar. This has nothing to do with the the Puranas and Itihasas, legends and myths surrounding Agathiyar. This is the story of the Agathiyar we all came to know.

It was somewhere in 1996 that the late Dr.Krishnan an astrologer and Siddha practitioner, mentioned the name. In 2002 my colleague spoke about his experience seeing the Nadi written by the Siddhas. I saw myself standing before a Nadi reader waiting for Agathiyar to address me and reveal my past, present and future. He did. He asked me to worship the Siddhas besides my regular pantheon of Hindu Gods and Goddesses. In 2009, Agathiyar asked that I commission a bronze statue in the image of his granite statue at Agasthiyampalli and worship. I did as told. The day after he arrived, we celebrated his Jayanthi. He came within me and had my soul transmigrate momentarily into his statue. Soon he came often. Agathiyar who materialize as the words in the Nadi, opened his eyes in the bronze statue just as he did in the granite statue at Agasthiyampalli. He brought the other Siddhas and deities too coming through other devotees too, when the Nadi readers left for India in the wake of the pandemic and there was a break in Nadi readings.

In June of 2023, he left my home for the home of another devotee and betroth Lobama. He is now back at AVM with her by his side. These days he is lying low and has given me and others a break too. But knowing the Siddhas we cannot take things for granted. Maybe this is the calm before the storm?